BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starware - A new concept ?

Thanks CC!

I'm glad people are using them.  I'm also gonna subscribe to these new icons.  Another history page being written on this forum!

Cheers CC!

Message 61 of 121
(14,706 Views)

JoeLabView a écrit: ... Another history page being written on this forum! Cheers CC!

Hey !

That's the best compliment I ever received !   May be I should think changing my signature ?

Thanks Ray !
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 62 of 121
(14,697 Views)
After Ben proposed a modification to reduce the processor time gluttony, Ed Dickens downloaded some more interesting icons, and I discovered an error in the file adress table, it was time to update the CC Emoticons, now CC & Friends Emoticons.vi

I'm not satisfied with the look of this tool. The display of a large number of animated gifs is messy. It's even impossible to appreciate some of them due to frame overlapping.
I'm trying to find a new way. Using a dedicated ActiveX control, it should be possible to download the gifs in real time and to present them one at a time. I made a test with a freeware control, but the display was even more messy than presently. Actually, this works quite nicelly using the "Open URL in Default Browser", but the additionnal window is not appropriate. I would be very happy  to  have new proposals, new ideas and "concurrent "solutions"...

Keep

Message 63 of 121
(14,687 Views)

To be honest, I didn't even look at the VI, but if you don't mind ActiveX and displaying in a browser works nicely, I would suggest using a browser AX control.

IE has one (with several names). I'm not sure about FF.

How about turning it into an active plaette by usng the mouse move to detect which we are over and use a floater window to show the emoticon?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 65 of 121
(14,678 Views)

Ben a écrit: ...How about turning it into an active plaette by usng the mouse move to detect which we are over and use a floater window to show the emoticon?

Ben,
That's exactly my idea ! We have to find something nice and responsive.

Tst,  if you know a browser ActiveX that would appear as a nice picture control. I'm done !

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 121
(14,653 Views)
The IE ActiveX object is simply a display of the rendered page. I assume you can use the Navigate method to display the GIF.

As I said, it tends to have several names and can be a bit tricky to find. One name I seem to remember is "Microsoft Web Browser".

(14,665 Views)

tst wrote:
The IE ActiveX object is simply a display of the rendered page. I assume you can use the Navigate method to display the GIF.

As I said, it tends to have several names and can be a bit tricky to find. One name I seem to remember is "Microsoft Web Browser".

Or (Microsoft) Internet Control v.1.1 or something like that.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 68 of 121
(14,656 Views)

Hi CC,

How are you prgressing on this project?

Starting Friday (16-Nov-2007), I am on vacation and could squeeze in (between Honey-do and CLA studying) some help if you want it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 69 of 121
(14,576 Views)

Hi Ben

Asking for some homework ! 😮

Of course I would like to have your help on this project. So here is my work bench :  a few vis I have produced very recently to improve the Emoticon vi.

1/ "CC  & friends emoticons.vi" : this is the latest version : the gif file is retrieved dynamicaly from the NI forums and displayed in an activeX control, as you suggested some posts ago.
All the animated icons should be replaced by still pictures, so the vi would not take that much processor power. But that not fun to do... and I don't encourage anybody to do it. There is clearly something more clever to do !!!

2/ "Stop running vis" is a small utility I modified recently to stop any vis, even when launched from the LabVIEW project folder. Pretty slow (actually I don't understand why...) but it works. You'll have to use it if you run CC & al emoticons without thinking first (... autorun and autoclose !).

3/ "Paste in IE explorer" could become something great : It is intended to paste directly the selected emoticon in the Reply window, avoiding the so boring click, paste and valid steps ;). Before using it, you'll have to change the IE window name, make it the default value, then insert the vi in the CC & al Emoticons vi, and wire it using the errors in/outputs in between the clipboard paste and the fp open property nodes, in the mouse up event frame.
As long as you have not scrolled the reply window, it works ! Also there are some nice mouse tools inside, accumulated over the time (I mean I don't remember where I stole them... but I'm pretty sure they are not mine... or are they ?... mmm... getting old...).
Some ideas to think about : Because there are hundreds of interesting emoticons : make the vi fully customisable, managing a table with pictures and gif file adresses. Every one should be able to select his own prefered icons. That's an interesting challenge ! Another one would be to include an emoticon editor. There are a few of these, online on the internet. Here for instance, where you can build things like that :

I hope I didn't forget some pieces. Anyway, ask if there is something faulty. And come back with new ideas, new suggestions and proofs of concept !

Of course, anybody is invited to join the party. The more fools...

Message Edité par chilly charly le 11-16-2007 12:54 AM

Message 70 of 121
(14,556 Views)