BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starware - A new concept ?

Looking at this some more, it looks like you can get the image of part of the diagram, but to do that would require getting the picture of the entire diagram and using position and size properties to decide which part of that image to extract. This could be done either for everything visible in the current BD window or even for the selected items (by going over the selected items list and getting their properties), but it would be a bit too much of a hassle at the moment. For the moment, I will continue using Paint.

Starware - hm...

Well let's see if my submission is starware ;).

This is a Library to log different kinds of messages. The messages are put into a queue, which is read in a parallel running vi. This vi writes the messages into a text-file (C:\log.txt).

I also attach a vi, that shows how to use it.

Feel free to modify it to your needs. I'd be pleased to read any feedbacks.

Thomas

Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Download All
Message 22 of 121
(16,580 Views)

@tbob wrote:

Sometimes I want to create a picture of just part of the diagram.  It would be nice if the vi could be modified to create a picture of only the selected part of a block diagram.  Is this too much to ask?  If it is, I can always edit the picture as it is now.

OK, this will be useful to me, so I eventually went ahead and did it (in 7.0).

This version differs slightly from the default behavior of the previous versions in that it uses my VI, which adds a border, but I don't think that should be a problem.

The code in the subVI is not inside the case structure because I originally wanted to capture either the selected area or what was visible in the window. I decided against that, but that bit of the code stayed. The reason the original panel capturing stayed is that my code grabs everything in the FP and that code only takes the visible portion.

Works great tst.  Thanx a bunch.  Well worth 10 stars, oh well, I suppose 5 will have to do.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 24 of 121
(16,533 Views)
Had A problem to get the Create Diagram VI working in 8.0, but stumbled upon this:

This works, if you link the application instance retrieved with the vi.lib\Utility\allVIsInMemory.llb\Get User Application Reference.vi into the create VI reference's application instance input. The system works.

Ton

(Last week we activated CVI, that came with our LV developer suite, the confirmation email entitle us to install LabVIEW 8.1!)
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 25 of 121
(16,508 Views)
New update of the Create Diagram Picture vi, working with LV8.x.
Apart the compatibility with LV 8.x (thanks to TonP), there are a few bug corrections and cosmetic changes.

The default behaviour is the creation of a png of the visible or selected area of the diagram (Tanks to Tst).
Pressing <A> creates a png of the whole Diagram
Pressing <SHIFT> creates a png of the visible parts of the Diagram and FP.
Pressing <F> creates a png of visible part of the FP.
Pressing <CTRL> creates an image of the selected areas both in the Diagram and the FP.

Last known bugs :
- when a selected diagram area includes a portion of a wire, the whole wire and the diagram parts belonging to the corresponding bounding rectangle area are also included in the picture.
- a white border is added to the picture, but this is not perfect on the bottom and right sides

Suggestion for a future version : paste directly the pathname into the Attached File field in the Response window 😉
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 26 of 121
(16,095 Views)
Two more bugs:
  1. The llb provided by CC didn't have a top vi so nothing appeared in the tools menu
  2. If you have a vi inside a lvlib the vi-name contains a ':' this is not a valid character in a path, the attachment replaces them with '_'
Sorry only 8.2
Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 09-15-2006 02:43 PM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

Message 27 of 121
(16,073 Views)
The wire and border bugs have been corrected (collaboration with Tst). Much better now. Selection of a portion of a wire is now possible. Finding the way to do it was fun.
Thanks to TonP for correcting the llb vis bug.

Here are the 7.1 and 8.x versions. Enjoy !

Tst thinks that instead of using key combinations, a popup window should allow the user to choose among the different options. Next version ?
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Download All
Message 28 of 121
(16,040 Views)

The basic prototype I came up with was this

The point is to get rid of all the complexity created by those key combos and to make it simple for the user. I don't use this tool enough to remember all those keys and I don't think many others do either. The listbox was used to maintain compatibilty for LV 7.0 (where there were no native radio button controls). The window is basically a floating\modal popup which gives you access to the useful features. The choices will be saved in a configuration VI using the cool method of VI tags so that they will be the same the next time you open the VI. I actually started working on this but was delayed.

(16,046 Views)
TST:
looks nice!

Maybe some keying to call this pop-up (no key uses tagged settings, shift down call pop-up (and save))

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 121
(16,018 Views)