BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stars Addicted Anonymous

I have to admit, that's low. It seems that someone didn't appreciate NI staff congratulating you.

I just gave them 5 stars (which kind of releases me from the suspiscion that it might have been me who ss'd them).

Anyway, congrats again CC 😛

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(6,450 Views)
There are a few possible innocent explanations:

The window size could have been just right (=wrong) to only show the first selection after "Rate this answer". Maybe it should be rearranged so "5(best)" is on the left and 1 on the right. 😉

Also remember that the forum profile can be set to Preference="Simple rating style", in this case we only get a Yes/No option. Does anyone know how YES and NO each translate to a star number???

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-09-2005 09:47 AM

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(6,473 Views)
CC... agreed!! that's cold!!
I can't believe someone gave 1S to NI people.. -why?-

Gave some 5S to bring up the average..

Actually, we're meeting Evan next week.

--- okay.... all emotions aside ---

WHO says we don't care about ratings??
Especially with a thread called "Stars Addicted Anonymous"

-anonymous-
Message 23 of 31
(6,449 Views)
Have any of you noticed being distracted from real work by the "need" to look into the forums and see who you can "help"?

P.M.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 24 of 31
(6,448 Views)
As an experimenalist, I have explored how the simple ratings translate into stars. For this purpose, I have switched my preferences to simple ratings, then rated two messages of my old alter ego account to hurt nobody elses feelings ;).

Instead of
Rate this message 1,2,3,4,5(best)

we only get
Was this message helpful to you? Yes|No

Here's the calibration I got for the simple rating:
Yes --> , No -->

So we have the following scale:
= Helpful=Yes (best).

= Helpful=NO
Message 25 of 31
(6,421 Views)

Have any of you noticed being distracted from real work by the "need" to look into the forums and see who you can "help"?
Yes, I've been caught by this a few times. I think to myself, "I'll just answer this one question." The original poster replies back needing more info, so another reply goes out, then another, and another... And suddenly it's lunch. 😮

Ed
(I've always been attracted to bright shiny objects)

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 26 of 31
(6,393 Views)
"
"

As Ed confirmed you are not alone.

I do not think this should be big suprise because regular contributors to the Exchange have to a at least a little "good Sumaritan" in them.

This is personality "flaw" for which you will be blessed in the long run.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 27 of 31
(6,391 Views)
I've also noticed that more than half of our posts are here and in Feedback.
What are you doing here! Go earn stars! 😉

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 28 of 31
(6,386 Views)
You're alter-ego is hurting Alten..

😉

And YES ... too often.. and I really shouldn't as it s forbidden..
so getting a 1S is a bit of a slap in the face, although it really isn't..

strange animals, humans are...

😄
Message 29 of 31
(6,384 Views)
JP!

You sir, are a slave driver! (insert smiley face here).

Come on, cut us a break, where else can we "consult with our fellow wizards"?

I do not know about you but this is the only place I can go where the phrase "1 can not be represented in binary" gets a laugh.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 30 of 31
(6,382 Views)