BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old LabVIEW versions

I was just given a box of LabVIEW stuff from another part of the company to see if I wanted anything.  There are manuals from LV 3.1 and software and manuals from 4.1.  I did get a sc-2345 chassis that is full of modules, 3 scb-68's, a few scxi chassis, some GPIB cables, an old AT-MIO-64E-3 ISA card and assorted breakout boards.

Not the most exciting day, but some interesting free stuff for me!  I just hope this is not my christmas bonus......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(9,519 Views)

_Bryan wrote:

an old AT-MIO-64E-3 ISA card and assorted breakout boards.

Not the most exciting day, but some interesting free stuff for me!  I just hope this is not my christmas bonus......

Well, it's not much of a bonus. Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 11-19-2009 05:53 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(9,497 Views)

_Bryan wrote:

an old AT-MIO-64E-3 ISA card

Some people think it's worth about $300 :), maybe you can put in on ebay.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(9,490 Views)
Treasure it!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(9,478 Views)
I would like to see LV1.0 in action.  I've heard it was only for the Mac, and that if you moved any object, the wire would break.  Also it was in black and white.  WOW.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(9,438 Views)

I was inspired to look at some of my old code (V 1 or 2) (printed out on a dot matrix printer).  An embarassing number of sequence structures, the controls are chunky, yet I am sure the retro look will make a comeback.  There was also something different about the For Loops, they were 4 pages back then and now they are 3 pages.

And as noted, if what we have today are "bugs" I would describe what we had back then as the creatures from Alien.

I can't find my old LV disks, but I did find HiQ ver.1 for the mac.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(9,429 Views)

tbob wrote:
I would like to see LV1.0 in action. 

At the 20th LabVIEW anniversary at NI week, they had an old MAC set up so you could try it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(9,426 Views)

altenbach wrote:

tbob wrote:
I would like to see LV1.0 in action. 

At the 20th LabVIEW anniversary at NI week, they had an old MAC set up so you could try it.

NI , PLEASE set up a webcam just in front of that MAC 

and extra KUDOS for a Browser frontend to control the mouse and keyboard 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(9,383 Views)

Maybe someone can post some nostalgic screenshots of very old versions. I think I started with 5 and if I remember correctly, there is not much of a change in the look and feel up to 7.

I still remember those old days when I had to HP-VEE...

Felix 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(9,342 Views)
Have a look at the LabVIEW 1.2 User Manual from 1989. It has some screenshots. (as e.g. used here).
Message 10 of 26
(9,340 Views)