BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIWeek Community Happenings

NIWeek Community Happenings

Well, NIWeek is just next week. A lot of interesting things will be going on during that event, to quote NI marketing materials:

“Unlike other conferences, this annual event creates an atmosphere that is positively buzzing with energy from key decision makers and developers on trends and advancements in the measurement and automation world.”

Well, personally, I can’t wait for the chance to meet up with other LabVIEW developers from around the world. People I’ve only met by chatting on the LAVA Forums, Info-LV and by co-developing OpenG projects. I love putting faces to the names I see daily in my email inbox. Of course, there will also be the chance to (once again) pick the brains of the NI LabVIEW development team and find out more about the super secret <<censored>>. Yes, good times. Of course there is always the food and most important, the BEER! Oh ya, there are also some session thingies going on, but who goes to those anyway… (Of course there will be that one person who sends me an email about how important and useful the sessions are, usually an NI employee!).

I want to draw attention to a few LabVIEW community efforts that will happen this year. Please note that outside of the following planned events there are always impromptu meetings and friendly gatherings that “just happen”. If you want to meet up with others and exchange LabVIEW experiences make sure to stop by the LabVIEW community booth in the main exhibition hall. That's where it's at! Also check out http://niweekblog.com for all the embarrassing photos.

OpenG Evening Session
Time: Wednesday 8/17, 5:00-7:00pm
Place: Meeting Room 10A/B
Food will be provided.
Purpose: OpenG is hosting this evening session in which they will discuss the goals of OpenG, their successes during the last year, and what they are planning for the future. Also, there will be live demonstrations of the latest software development tools such as OpenG Builder, MSI Installer Builder and Package Builder. You will also get a sneak preview of the latest unreleased version of Commander. It will make you say “Wow!” “Cool!” And, “I got to get me some of that!”

LabVIEW Coding Challenge LIVE!
Time: Tuesday 8/16 and Wednesday 8/17 during lunch
Place: LabVIEW Community Booth (Be there!)
There has been some discussion lately as to who is a real LV Champion. Well the buck stops here. This year, there will be the very first LabVIEW Coding Challenge at NIWeek. A limited number of people will compete (through brackets) to win the overall challenge. More information will be provided on-site and through http://niweekblog.com

Open-Source LabVIEW Development through the Web
When LabVIEW developers can read, redistribute, and modify source code for a piece of software, that software evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs. And this can happen at a speed that seems astonishing compared to the slow pace of conventional software development. Learn how LabVIEW users are taking advantage of a variety of Web tools, such as wikis, discussion forums, and blogs, to build productive code faster than ever before. Jim Kring, founder of OpenG.com, an online LabVIEW open-source initiative, introduces you to the growing world of open-source software development.
Presented by Jim Kring
Tuesday, 19B 11:45 - 12:45

See you there!
Michael Aivaliotis

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
Message 1 of 1
(3,910 Views)