From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Musicians Central

I've played keyboards too. Took hundreds of hour to decipher and play Toccatta and Fugue in D minor and then get wife, children, job ...
Never really touched a keyboard since...

Joke: What is the favorite piece of music of LabVIEW users?
"Air on a G String"

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 11 of 35
(11,677 Views)
Hey! I can yodel! Especially during painful medical examinations!
Amateur programmer for over 10 years!
Message 12 of 35
(11,381 Views)
oooo.... tst is good..

Indeed ZZ Top is after Zappa.. (deadly yellow snow... ah memories)

I used to kinda hit the keyboard.. Now it's a different keyboard whose music is the occasional chirp.

Drums are my next thing. Haven't played them since my 1st year in college..

The stereo is my favorite instrument, nowdays..

😉
Message 13 of 35
(11,348 Views)

@Jean-Pierre Drolet wrote:
Took hundreds of hour to decipher and play Toccatta and Fugue in D minor

You play Toccatta? Nice... I like it.

😄
Message 14 of 35
(11,621 Views)
Are you suggesting to create a music band to perform at NIWeek 2005? 😉
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 35
(11,342 Views)
Great idea.
Although I do foresee a few problems arranging rehearsals ! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 35
(11,328 Views)
NI Week 2004 closed with an all NI employee "concert"( about 10 mins of a few songs). One of the demos during the Keynote was using LV to tune a guitar then to record and sythesize a fews rifs. It was cool.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(11,334 Views)
Hi all

The LV-Orchestra became a bit quiet ;).

So - why not talk about the music we prefer (and make). Maybe there are some interesting or new aspects, bands, songs, ...

I prefer the darker side of music which is Heavy Metal, Gothic, Hard Rock - maybe one can say solid handcraft. There are lot's of bands I like (for example Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Sentenced, Hammerfall, Grave Digger, Rammstein, Manticora, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Apocalyptica).

I like to play their songs on the guitar (but just the easy ones :D).

So - what is your choice of music? Are there more headbangers in this forums?

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(11,289 Views)
You're stepping into some dangerous water there - if you get people to serially talk about music\movies\books and so on that they like, you will get a never ending discussion.
That said, personally, I like music. Not bands, not artists, not styles, but music. I happen to like things by Beethoven and Bach, Gershwin and Armstrong, holiday and Fitzgerald, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, the Beatles and the Beach Boys, Dire Straits and Sting, Bowie and the Pet Shop Boys, Metallica and Iron Maiden, the Scorpions [earlier period] and Foreign Affair [being european you should hopefully know them], Enya and Lisa Gerard, Harry Chapin and Dylan, Paul Simon and Clapton, Dream Theater and Rush, Eminem and Michael Jackson and even the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, N'sync, Jennifer Lopez, Haiducii and Las Ketchup.
The lyrics don't matter. The style doesn't matter. The language doesn't matter. In some cases, even the way it sounds doesn't matter. The important thing is that the tune is good. Then, it's the performance (singer, orchestration and so on) and far behind are things like lyrics and structure.
But that's just my take on it. Obviously, I don't like everything. There are styles I like more and I would usually prefer a song in a language I know. There are artists which produce more things I like than others (like many in the above list), but I wouldn't mind listening to japanese music at the moment, providing I liked what I hear.

(11,278 Views)
It's not dangerous if you know how to swim ;).

But you're right - maybe I wrote before I thought. But there are other threads which expand very fast (I remember phrases like "speed of light").

I agree with you, that music is the main thing - for me too.

By the way - why do you know that I'm a european? Did I leave some very obvious fingerprints ;)?

Thomas
Using LV8.0
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(11,296 Views)