From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is National Instruments Japan gone?

Over 1 year, I cannot find address of National Instruments Japan on NI web.

When I saw company profile, it showed NI head office address.

Why? Is NIJ gone from Japan? Or is it hidden in strategic reason?

New customer might think NI is sketchy company.

address.PNG

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,427 Views)

The addresses and contact details for all of the NI offices have been removed from the ni.com web site, not just Japan. I think there are a number of reasons for this. One of the main reasons is that NI is a global company, which enables it to better serve customers, as they have access to global resources. When you contact NI you may well be working with a person in another country. Their location is not important. 

Other companies are the same. Dell is an excellent example. Their headquarters are near Austin, TX, yet when I call them I usually talk to someone based in the Philippines. Quite frankly I don't care where someone is located, as long as they can help me complete whatever it is I need to get done.

Hope the above helps.

David C
Message 2 of 7
(8,378 Views)

AustinManinTown, thanks for your reply. I understood the reasons but...

I feel like National Instruments has been becoming distant company.

GCentral
Message 3 of 7
(8,341 Views)

@Emboar_Dymax , I understand your sentiments. The local office has historically been the point of contact with NI.

Be assured that the last thing people at NI want to be is distant, irrespective of geographical location. Collaboration and communication with customers is essential to everyone's success. I am not saying everything is perfect, and there is always room for improvement. Corona virus has accelerated the need to make those improvements.

David C
Message 4 of 7
(8,320 Views)

Thanks David. I love LabVIEW and NI product, and I loved NI in the past.

The largest problem is, there is no way to submit such feedback.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,278 Views)

For non-English speakers, only having the address of the global headquarters shown would feel alienating.

I do see that some global companies hide addresses of the subsidiary offices, but Dell, for instance still publicizes its office in Japan.

https://www.dell.com/learn/jp/ja/jpcorp1/corp-comm/kawasaki-map

More importantly, there isn't an option to contact by email now in NI Japan. Most people in Japan do not speak English (without sarcasm, maybe quite surprising for English speakers how many Japanese people cannot speak English), and there should be a way for non-English speakers to be able to communicate to NI with their own language.

I understand there still is a phone number that connects to Japan listed on NI-JP contact us, but there used to be a web inquiry form with Japanese user interface that we could use to contact. There's more barrier of entry for a phone inquiry than for a web-based inquiry, so I feel like NI is losing some sales opportunities by not having this option for their Japanese customers. 

Dell has an online inquiry form in their Japanese website that customers can use, for instance. I believe it is an industry standard to have such an online form for non-English speaking countries.

Message 6 of 7
(8,262 Views)

pipi0405 explained enough what I would like to tell.

@pipipi0405 wrote:

More importantly, there isn't an option to contact by email now in NI Japan. Most people in Japan do not speak English

Because of above, it is not easy to contact NI.

Moreover, I received some emails from NI but those were written in English.

For example...

• NIWeek 2020 Cancellation and Events Update
  • SAVE THE DATE: Connect to Bolder Future with NI on June 16

My boss also received those but he doesn't speak and read English at all so,

he thought those were spam. For many Japanese user, Japanese email is more comfortable (maybe it is obvious...)

Any comment from NI member or Community friends?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,230 Views)