BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning NI - I'm here..

Not a crocodile, not a newt, not a salamander, not a fish, not a frog, not a tst...

I think that the temperature effect quoted by waldermar only relates to the egg incubation temperature. Not to the adult. And of course, my question is about adults. And I repeat, the change is effective in a few seconds. I thought that using the power of internet somebody would come back with the answer in a few seconds also...

Try again !.. A bunch of stars for the first who'll find the right answer !..

And stop denying that you don't have any interest for sex (ben, tst..)

CC

edit : typo

Message Edited by chilly charly on 05-11-2005 04:55 AM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 497
(16,176 Views)
Well..

some humans were successful in having sex-change operations...

so you can't rule out humans.

There are bi-sexual plants... wait... no.. not "bi"... what's the word in English.. having both sex at the same time... 😉 oh yeah... tst-sexual... I meant trans-sexual??? 😄 😄 😄

No one mentionned birds.. Although unlikely..

😉

😛
Message 52 of 497
(16,156 Views)
CC,

the animals you are seeking for are gastropods. Not all, but some of them have both sex so they can act as male or female within seconds.

Unfortunatly the english version is missing the chapter about this fact so I quote the German page here.

Anders als gern behauptet, sind die meisten Schneckenarten getrenntgeschlechtlich, nur Landlungenschnecken und manche Süßwasserschnecken sind Zwitter (Hermaphroditen).

And more sadly the French page is very short.

Misspelled word corrected

Message Edited by waldemar.hersacher on 05-12-2005 10:43 PM

Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 53 of 497
(16,130 Views)
waldemar, that was a very good trial. But still wrong. Gastropods don't change sex since they have both.
However I will not delete those stars from your List score 😄

So,
Not a crocodile, not a newt, not a salamander, not a fish, not a frog, not a tst, not a bird, not a gastropod...

Try again !
I'll give the answer after releasing the weekly List issue. So you have 48 hours left to list all the animals of the Creation.

CC

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 497
(16,111 Views)
Well well the deadline nears,

In order to narrow things down a bit, I don't think the "higher" animal groups are likely contenders i.e. mammals, marsupials and so on.

I reckon it might be either a mollusc of some sort.

Many seem to think that originally (X million years ago) most organisms were either of both sex or capable of asexual reproduction. There is also much literature which details the fact that even organisms which can reproduce asexually can still benefit from sexual reproduction. Indeed the whole of evolution may be coupled pretty tightly with sexual reproduction. Oh, and an interesting tidbit for any detailed discussions is that the male chromosomes are currently associated with promoting evolution through genetic variations (in humans at least).

Come on CC, give us a clue.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 497
(16,108 Views)
Maybe not a frog but Toad!
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 56 of 497
(16,103 Views)

shoneill wrote:...Come on CC, give us a clue...

OK.
As you guessed it is not a large animal. Coud you imagine an elephant changing sex in few seconds ? How amazing ! Of course it's a much smaller animal... I'm surprized none of you thought about insects as potential candidates.

It is an insect...

I think that's a good clue. However since there are hundred of thousands of insect species, you still have some search to do 😄

Which one ?

And forget the caterpillars...

Not a crocodile, not a newt, not a salamander, not a fish, not a frog, not a tst, not a bird, not a gastropod, not a worm, not a toad, not a caterpillar...

CC

edit : forgot the not-a list...

Message Edited by chilly charly on 05-13-2005 01:13 PM

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 497
(16,099 Views)
Ok.. I did read that's it's an insect.. probably a domestic fly..

but what about clams? do they also have both sex?

Since I don't like insects... it would be nice if they all became males... and sing songs like YMCA!!

😉
Message 58 of 497
(16,094 Views)

@JoeLabView wrote:
Ok.. I did read that's it's an insect.. probably a domestic fly..
but what about clams? do they also have both sex?
Since I don't like insects... it would be nice if they all became males... and sing songs like YMCA!!

That was a good one JLV ! :D:D:D
May be I'll add some more stars to your score in the List...

Unfortunately, it's not a domestic fly, nor a clam

Not a crocodile, not a newt, not a salamander, not a fish, not a frog, not a tst, not a bird, not a gastropod, not a worm, not a toad, not a caterpillar, not a domestic fly, not a clam...

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 497
(16,082 Views)
Vertibrate or non?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 60 of 497
(16,087 Views)