BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Board

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO ASK EVERYONE TO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE ONLY USE THIS THREAD TO POST EXAMPLES OR TO LINK TO OTHER THREADS WHERE EXAMPLES ARE POSTED. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED THEN POST IT IN THE PUBLIC LV FORUM.

You would think we were asking for something really difficult.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 71 of 91
(14,114 Views)
Message 72 of 91
(13,903 Views)

In this post people can find the Excel Toolkit and also a guide on how to install it.

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
Message 73 of 91
(13,754 Views)

In this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Search-excel-file-return-value-from-different-column/m-p/2138864#M69... I was trying to use the VLookup function with LabVIEW.

Attached is the solution VI that searches for a value and can return the value from a different column/row using VLookup.

Message 74 of 91
(13,545 Views)

Just an opinion: I have been working very heavily with Excel spreadsheets and reports. We have a very flexible piece of software that acquires data then sends the data to an Excel workbook. In Excel we analyze the data then generate pass/fail using formulas. I am finding the combination very powerful and flexible. The code can be greatly simplified, reducing the change of bugs. The bugs that do appear are usually in the spreadsheet template and can be tracked down and fixed a lot faster. Never thought I would have so much fun using Excel. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 75 of 91
(13,378 Views)

Hi,

Do you have an updated version of the Excel toolkit for later versions of LabVIEW?  I have a later version and I cannot open any of your VIs.  Thanks!

Austin

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 91
(13,243 Views)

I saw some Visual Studio code where the developer used a database connection to read data from an Excel workbook.  Here is a simple LabVIEW implementation.

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 91
(12,950 Views)

In this thread we find out one way to embed an Excel workbook in a VI using an ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 91
(12,218 Views)

I looked into that once and I thought there were big limitations in the types of things it could do.  Something like this uses the Excel for web browsers which had less features than full Excel.  Or is this the full Excel in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 91
(12,216 Views)

It's not really full blown Excel, no.  It's basically a Workbook window.  That is, you have access to your sheets, you can see the row and column headers and you can do anything with the right click menu on a cell that you can do in Excel.

This is more than enough for what we're trying to do, which essentially just let the user view the data.

This is the view you get:

Excel.png

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 80 of 91
(12,211 Views)