From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you write or draw a LabVIEW Program?

Solved!
Go to solution

I've made a decision in this important matter that TAP has so graciously brought to our attention.  From this point on and until eternity ends...

I will CONTRIVE my VIs.  So let it be written (typed or drawn), so let it be done (run or executed)!

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 21 of 35
(13,879 Views)

@TAP_ wrote:
I was writing documentation for a customer, It was a development plan for adding additional functionality to already "Drawn LabVIEW code". I changed it because I through it was unprofessional. 

"Existing LabVIEW code" is what i would have written. Code is code, whether assembler, C# or G. You dont program HTML/XML however, as some say, but format the information.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(13,843 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

I've made a decision in this important matter that TAP has so graciously brought to our attention.  From this point on and until eternity ends...

I will CONTRIVE my VIs.  So let it be written (typed or drawn), so let it be done (run or executed)!

Oh yeah? Well, I use MAGIC! Thus, I poof! my VIs. So there!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 35
(13,815 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

@NIquist wrote:

Oh yeah? Well, I use MAGIC! Thus, I poof! my VIs. So there!  Smiley Very Happy

Do you make sound effects to go with the poofing?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(13,804 Views)

Now we know how these guys get to be Knights!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35
(13,799 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Now we know how these guys get to be Knights!

Lynn

Yes, his REAL name is probably smerlincurio_fc. Smiley Happy

But don't offend the Knights or they will say NI to you!

NI!.jpg

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35
(13,775 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

I thought that might have been overdoing it. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 35
(13,771 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

I thought that might have been overdoing it. Smiley Wink

Not really. 

And- For the final goal---TAP__  Severio just whipped up a quick example on a whim. LabVIEW users of all achievement levels can understand the simple example. 

Duplicate it in the language of your choice.

Steve C.-- Could you jing that demo- TAP__ might not be able to see what it does?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(13,750 Views)

Well I normally scope and plan my programs before typing, writing, drawing, sketching, wiring, programming or whatever even takes place.

Given the 40:20:40 model, that (and testing) seems the more important part, don't you think?

The semantics are irrelevant.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(13,724 Views)

Shane,

What is wronge about working for NI? Why is your first role of engagement "1. I do not work for NI".

Nice Nuggets on USB btw.

TAP_

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(13,720 Views)