From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R concerns

Congrats Jim! (I'm going to finish the online refresher before fixing my sig line)  The first attempt was an unfortunate experience that involved detours through corn fields curtosey of my cell phone and an unfortunate time crunch as well as ..... Well I won't dwell on it here. 

Congats again.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 71 of 76
(7,872 Views)

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on your recertification!

I do agree with your thought. I remember taking the CLD-R early this year as my CLD expired and if I had not practiced on the examples, even though I do work with LabVIEW on a daily basis I think I would have struggle to get the 70 % pass mark. This exam is in my view not a good replacement for the 4 hour practical exam.

I think also that it would be less hustle for me to do the 4 hour exam ( less preparation time ) than CLD-R to pass.

Maciej

Message 72 of 76
(7,837 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

[...] I've also been told NI really needs to check their answers for a lot of the questions for the CLD-R since a lot of them were flat out wrong.  [...]

True dat.  If I hadn't agreed to keep the content of the CLD-R confidential, I'd have a story to tell y'all.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 73 of 76
(7,832 Views)

I agree with some of the others that the 4 hour exam was easier than at least the first of the revision papers, which was a lot more painful than I expected. 

If anyone can explain to me what question 39 of the first revision paper is about, I would be grateful. 

I understand from others that the acual exam is very close to the revision papers, so it is definitely worth going through them and not going in cold to the exam. 

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 76
(6,992 Views)

@Barionics wrote:

If anyone can explain to me what question 39 of the first revision paper is about, I would be grateful. 

This is a very long (and very, very old!!!) thread. Unless you give a link or more details, it is difficult to figure out what you are actually talking about. 

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 76
(6,976 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Barionics wrote:

This is a very long (and very, very old!!!) thread. Unless you give a link or more details, it is difficult to figure out what you are actually talking about. 

... continued here ...

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 76
(6,970 Views)