Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R concerns

I let my CLD expire. The reason ---- the CLD-R

Jim Haas
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 76
(12,085 Views)

I passed the CLD-R three years ago without any practice exams.  I have plenty of time to take it (a few more times) before I need to start over at CLAD.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 76
(12,059 Views)

Watch out, the exam has definitely changed in the last three years. I took it early this year, was really glad I had done the practice exams the night before, still didn't get a stellar grade (well, maybe red dwarf star).

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 76
(12,039 Views)

I took the CLD-R once, passed it but with a much lower score than my CLD exam. I've since taken CLA so not had to worry about the CLD-R anymore, but it was certainly more complicated than the CLD. This was about two years ago. Guess I should start to worry that my CLA-R is due soon...

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 76
(12,029 Views)

I've scheduled my recert exam for Nov. 19.  At $99, it's cheaper than the last time.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 65 of 76
(11,994 Views)

Study the practice exams and the concepts in those exams and you should not have a problem passing the CLD-R. 

Brian
Message 66 of 76
(11,954 Views)

Hey!  Do I know you?

@BrianMcLean wrote:

Study the practice exams and the concepts in those exams and you should not have a problem passing the CLD-R. 

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 76
(11,941 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Hey!  Do I know you?

We have met before. 

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 76
(11,918 Views)

@BrianMcLean wrote:

Memorize the practice exams...
Jim

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 76
(11,847 Views)

I passed the CLD-R yesterday afternoon and left with a few thoughts; I'll share one now.  I don't think that the stated goal of the CLD-R exam is being served if someone can pass it by cramming the practice exams.

Three more years until my next CLD-R (or, two until CLA...)

Jim

Message 70 of 76
(11,845 Views)