Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Signal Encoding from LDF file using XNET

Hi,

I'm trying to read the signal logical text table in a LDF file. The infomation should be marked under the section "Signal_encoding_types". It indicates what the value means for the signal. For instance, a siganl "W_FAILURE" (8 bit) has the following table: "0-No Failure", "1-Hardware failure".

Is it possible to get this out using XNET or any other LIN methods? The LDF file is attached.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(17,568 Views)

Hello!

The XNET API in LabVIEW can open LDF files. They are referred to as Databses.

You will find the functions in the Functions pallette under Measurement I/O > XNET> Database

You will find some examples in the NI Example Finder under

Hardware Input and Output > LIN > NI-XNET > Databases

Also see

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12375/en#toc3

Regards,

Georg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(17,532 Views)

Hi 

Thanks for the reply!

It was the question because of the LIN Message encoding, which is explicit defined in the LDF file. I need to used this part to decode the messages on the LIN bus. I've known how to read the LDF file (databse). But I didn't find the option to read out the encoding table in XNET.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(17,528 Views)

Does anybody have an answer to this question? I have the same problem: LDF read is OK, but I don't find the right property node for the signal's logical values.

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(16,841 Views)

scaling LIN data into a String table value is not support of today by NI-XNET

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(16,839 Views)

in this way you can get the infomation of signal_Encoding_tables

regards

Melo

Enconding_INFO.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(15,087 Views)

Hi,

Like the other guys (wilburwu, EDAG_Ingolstadt and Madottati) I would like to read in a LDF file the signal logical text table that it is marked under the section "Signal_encoding_types".

It seems that in September 2016 (more than 3 ½ years after the opening of this topic) it is still not available with NI-XNET.
I am using NI-XNET 15.5 with LabVIEW 2012 and PXI-8516/2.

Can anybody from NI tell us if one day it will be done ?

I think it's a shame not to have this feature, because as wilburwu wrote a signal "W_FAILURE" (8 bit) has the following table: "0-No Failure", "1-Hardware failure" and it is more convenient to read a text than understanding a number.

Thank you.

Bravi

Message 7 of 14
(12,863 Views)

I can confirm that Signal Encoding Types have not been added to XNET as of version 16.0. 

I will check the list of requested features to make sure signal encoding types is represented and update the request if it is. Unfortunately, I cannot predict if the feature will be implemented in the future or not. 

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(12,785 Views)

As I see, there is an already declined idea in the Idea Exchange:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/XNET-database-editor-show-meaning-of-values/idi-p/3120...

The topic has been declined because nobody has kudoed it.

I created a new idea, please kudo it, maybe NI will take care then:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/XNET-database-editor-show-meaning-of-values/idi-p/3351...

Message 9 of 14
(12,769 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

Hope that it will be done one day : especially as the information exists in the LDF file.

Bravi

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(12,766 Views)