From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Rescripting Broken in Interfaces

Solved!
Go to solution

Since this is taking so long (why???) I took a look and made another attempt at creating my own fix for the rescripting issue in interfaces which I've attached. I've tested it for standard coupled messages and I don't see any appreciable slowdown at the moment, but I can't guarantee that it covers every use case and is as robust as the original since I can't see that source code.

Anyway... hope this help some people out.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,316 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author justACS
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,308 Views)

"Unofficial" only in the sense that it isn't NI published. But Allen and I have both vetted each other's work on this... he was the one with the bandwidth today to actually publish it! But these are the fixes that will eventually be in a patch for LabVIEW 2020.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,303 Views)

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

"Unofficial" only in the sense that it isn't NI published. But Allen and I have both vetted each other's work on this... he was the one with the bandwidth today to actually publish it! But these are the fixes that will eventually be in a patch for LabVIEW 2020.

Thanks, Stephen!  I didn't want to speak out of turn...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,300 Views)

Awesome! Thanks!

I was going to start in creating a workaround for "Read Class Ancestry Without Loading" next so this definitely saves me some time and allows our team to move forward using interfaces more seamlessly.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,287 Views)

Sorry for the delay. This has not been a normal season by any stretch, and we've been slower responding to many issues than in the past.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,279 Views)

I have just been bitten by this, so thank you for the fix! (: It works as expected! 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,227 Views)

I think this issue needs to be re-opened as I've found conditions where the patch doesn't work as intended.

I still saw this issue popping up from time to time and I didn't take the time to really figure out when it happened until just recently, but it seems that while the issue is resolved for normal interfaces, if the interface happens to be contained within a PPL, then the original bug still exists. I'm attaching code that demonstrates what I'm talking about.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Unzip the attached file and open "Example Actor.lvproj".
  2. Observe that right-clicking the "Example Actor.lvclass" file correctly shows the "Actor Framework" menu.
  3. Change the Example Actor interface inheritance so that it instead inherits from the PPL version of A_Interface (alphabetically before parent class "Parent Actor") as shown below:
  4. CaseyM_0-1610729115222.png

5. Save the Example Actor (it must be saved before settings take effect!) and right click on it again.
  6. Observe that right-click "Actor Framework" menu is now missing.

A patch for this would be much appreciated as I'm in the midst of a large project where we intended to switch to interfaces that are a part of PPLs.

I'm going to open a support request for this as well so try and get more NI eyes on it as well. Speaking of which, did the original patch ever make it to a release? The release notes for any and all versions up until this point don't seem to indicate that is has. Also, is there a CAR associated with the original bug that I can reference in my support request?

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,082 Views)

Sorry, this was the wrong topic - I'll repost in the correct one.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,073 Views)