Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use myRIO-1900 to generate sine waveform for oscilloscope.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to generate a waveform to be measure on an oscilloscope. I've tried using some of the built in vi like so 

Beslie_0-1685305890342.png

but to no avail. 

So next I tried the NI example for sine fpga generator it didn't work when I hooked it up to oscilloscope am I supposed to hook up both aGND and a0 to oscilloscope or should I hook up all three somehow?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,871 Views)

A truncated image is not suitable to analyze what you are doing wrong.

What exactly are the three of "all three"? What's connected to where?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,849 Views)

Currently I am using the myRIO-1900 to generate a sine wave of 1khz to be measured by oscilloscope. From the aux to banana cable output on the oscilloscope, I have the black wire hooked up to AGND0 output and the red wire hooked up to AO0. 

Beslie_1-1685387076409.png

Here's a simplified setup diagram.

Beslie_2-1685387849694.png

I tried using the method in my original post to try to get a reading on the oscilloscope to no avail. So I tried using the NI example: SineWave Generation using LabVIEW FPGA - NI Community
but I am a little lost on how to hook up the myRIO to the oscilloscope and also how I should be running/ configuring the VI parameters.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beslie

It's not a bad idea to go to the Web (or the NI Community) to see if and how other people have solved a similar problem.  You might also try the LabVIEW Tools Network, a.k.a. VIPM (which you should have installed when you installed LabVIEW), where there is "Oscilloscope & Function Generator for NI myRIO".  I haven't looked at the routine, myself, but it seems to have gone through a few updates ...

Try it out.  If it works for you, let us know.  If you continue to have problems, tell us what you have done, what modifications you've made, and consider posting the entire Project in whatever version of LabVIEW + myRIO Software Toolkit you are using (and tell us the version, of course).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,769 Views)