VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio support

Dear All,

I program with Visual Studio 2013 & Measurement Studio 2015.

Virtual Bench support Measurement Studio?

For example, Can I use the NI-DAQmx .NET library, NI-SCOPE? 

I can't find VB-8012 list at the NI-DAQmx channel.

Thanks,

Hiawath

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,912 Views)

hiawath wrote:

I program with Visual Studio 2013 & Measurement Studio 2015.

Virtual Bench support Measurement Studio?

VirtualBench only has a LabVIEW and C API; it does not have a C# or VB.NET API. Also, its driver [1] is separate from NI-DAQmx and NI-SCOPE, which is why you don't see your VB-8012 in any of the I/O controls.

To get basic support for VirtualBench in Measurement Studio, you can use a tool to generate the native interop PInvoke signatures for use in a managed language. There are two leading tools:

If you choose to do this, keep in mind that the tools may not choose the best marshaling method for pointers, arrays, and strings. Once you have the managed wrapper, check its implementation against the VirtualBench C Reference Help [2]. In particular, the String Encoding and Memory Management topics will be important. Finally, check the managed wrapper's correctness by porting and running a few of the C examples to C# or VB.NET [3].

[1] NI-VirtualBench 15.0 Driver
http://www.ni.com/download/virtualbench-driver-15.0/5426/en/

[2] NI-VirtualBench C Reference Help
Start » Programs » National Instruments » VirtualBench » VirtualBench Documentation

[3] NI-VirtualBench C Examples
Start » Programs » National Instruments » VirtualBench » VirtualBench ANSI C Examples

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
Message 2 of 2
(4,772 Views)