VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decode ethernet frame?

Has anyone looked at ethernet frames with the logic analyzer yet? Is there a good way to decode via the LabVIEW interface to VirtualBench?

Cheers,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,434 Views)

Hi Joe,

I haven't been able to find much in terms of viewing ethernet frames through the logic analyzer, but found a community post that may be relevant--

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LV-6-1-controlling-Logic-Analyzer-over-Ethernet/td-p/709968

Andy G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,279 Views)

Depending on what you are trying to do, you should look at WireShark.  I don't know if it has anything you can automate, but it does tell you everything you want to know about the TCP frame.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,253 Views)

I neglected to mention that this would be at the PHY level, so it would be the MII interface in this case.

The issue was resolved in the meanwhile. There was a misconfiguration for an RMII interface on a MII wiring.

If my thoughts are straight here, a logic analyzer at the R/MII level would have caught this issue. Actually, a scope of the clock would as well, as RMII is 50 Mhz and MII is 25 MHz.

Cheers,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,221 Views)