Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Visual Basic 2010 .NET 4 Framework?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI USB-6008 DAQ and searched high and low to find the DAQmx for Visual Basic 2010 support.  I am writing custom software and have tried to use the 2005 .NET, the 2008 .NET and even the classic VB6.0 references from within my Visual Basic 2010 but when I try to debug it somehow forgets these references and produces errors.  From what I understand this is because 2010 uses .NET 4.0 Framework which somehow can not compile the earlier references.  Does anyone know when or if NI is going to update the NI-DAQmx to support Visual Basic 2010?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,671 Views)
Solution
Accepted by StevePre

Hello -

National Instruments will have .NET Framework 4 support for NI-DAQmx by the end of the year.  However, you should still be able to use previous versions of the NI-DAQmx libraries from within Visual Studio 2010.  See this document for more information (although it is specific to Measurement Studio, the concepts apply to NI-DAQmx).  

My guess from the information that you've given is that your Visual Studio 2010 project is targeting the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, which is not supported.

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,667 Views)