Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability in pattern matching

Hello,

I have just one more question - are you using color pattern matcing or grayscale (you have not mentioned this and I see the image you've posted is in color)?

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 117
(2,942 Views)

Grayscale PM, i posted the image that i use to show the results for the user but i extract one color plane (selectable) and i work only with that.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 117
(2,937 Views)

Also as mentioned in my earlier post please operate the camera in mimum aperture and increase the lighting intensity.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 117
(2,936 Views)

I have same problems but i'm using geometric matching. Your suggestion doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 117
(2,882 Views)

@desalando wrote:

I have same problems but i'm using geometric matching. Your suggestion doesn't work for me.

Which suggestion?what application?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 117
(2,877 Views)

Sorry, my bad. I should give more information about it. I mean, your suggestion" minimum aperture and increase the lighting intensity".

For example, i have two pictures. for the first one get i with geometric pattern matching score 980. For the second picture, without anything changes, 0 score.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 117
(2,874 Views)

Can you post both the images?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 117
(2,865 Views)

Here are the two images and template file. Template file is a little bit big because it has:

- Pattern Match

- Geometric matching edge based

- Geometric matching feature based

- Golden template with mask

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 117
(2,863 Views)

I dont think you should face any issues with these two images. These are exactly same. The template image that you have attached is not loading. From the image can you tell me what is that you are finding out?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 117
(2,861 Views)

Ok The update is your BIG template finally got loaded in my poor laptop. Why are you using such a big template? Why dont you just use a simple pattern matching with rotation invariance? I am very sure this will work. (you wont get a better contrast image and a better consistent image too)

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 117
(2,858 Views)