Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting windows blue screen error after installing VAS

Solved!
Go to solution

I am getting  blue screen error " PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA_(nischifk.sys)" after installing VISION acqusition software in my windows10 OS.

I tried to install VAS two times and got same error.

Awating for your valuable replay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author piZviZ

Hi piZviZ,

Sorry to hear about the VAS installation problems you are facing. I am guessing that you are using VAS February 2014 or slighly earlier - can you confirm? There was a problem with one of the NI FlexRIO components that VAS includes which caused this exact issue on systems with a UEFI BIOS. We have since fixed the issue. If this is indeed the problem, here are some options:

1) Install VAS without IMAQ I/O Support for any of the R-series cards (1473R, 8237R, etc). This means the affected FlexRIO component will not be installed.

2) Update to a newer version of VAS - I believe VAS August 2014 f1 pulls in the patched FlexRIO component that would fix the issue. If you're choosing to upgrade, then I'd recommend just upgrading to the latest VAS, if you are able to: VAS August 2015 f1

3) Keep the version of VAS you have and patch the FlexRIO component: How do I recover from a Blue Screen after installing NI FlexRIO 13.1?, NI FlexRIO 13.2.0 Patch Details

I recommend simply updating to the latest VAS if possible.

Regards,

Joseph

Message 2 of 2
(4,082 Views)