LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview dll fatal error

Hello.

I am trying to write a DLL with some functions in LabVIEW and LabVIEW FPGA for the windows version cRIO 9082 and then call these functions from a program written in CVI, again running in the same cRIO.

I don't want to change the CVI program but I can debug it.

The CVI program works fine when calling other DLLs (although the other DLLs are written in CVI, so, if there is some incompatibility please let me know). The problem I am having is that it is not working correctly in some of my DLLs.

Problem 1: When I am calling some LabVIEW DLL functions from the CVI program, alghouth it returns the correct parameters and performs the requested actions, when stepping out of the function that called the DLL, I get the fata error message (see attached image). Please have in mind that I am using the old LoadExternalModule and GetExternamModuleAddr functions. This does not happen in all the functions. I am attaching two of the problematic vis.

Problem 2: I try to store a USB VISA resource name in a global variable for some other functions inside the same DLL to retrieve it. It doesn't seem to work. Any ideas how to handle that? I am also attaching the vi's that:

1. Save the USB VISA resource name to the global variable.

2. The one that tries to retrieve it.

3. The global variable vi.

I wanted to attach the LabVIEW FPGA vi but it doesn't allow me to add more than three attachments.

Thanks for any help!

Vasileios.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,378 Views)

I am also attaching the vi's for the second problem.

Thanks again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,375 Views)

I solved the first problem. I checked the radio box "Standard Calling Convetions" instead of the "C Calling Conventions" and I no longer get the message "Fatal Error".

I now have only the global variables problem.

Thanks.

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,371 Views)

Never mind that also!

It was working, it was just not doing what I wanted it to do.

OMG! Working at Sundays is great. One can work at least twice as efficient as on working days.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,365 Views)