LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntdll issue

Hi, I have developed LW CVI application and created distribution. It appear my application works fine on my computer where CVI is installed, but it does not work on our lab computer. Lab computer CVI app. installation went fine but it crashes when run with the following info.  I use WIN7 on both computers.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour?

Thanks,

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: PELI_DAQ.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 54935587

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00038e19

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 4c0d

Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Additional Information 3: 4c0d

Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,145 Views)

Hi Miki2006, 

What is your application doing when the crash occurs? Are you running any additional applications? What version of LabWindows/CVI are you using? Have you tried repairing/reinstalling LabWindows/CVI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,108 Views)

Hi Haley,

Let me explain closer what is happened?   

- I run CVI 2012 SP1

- I have small program developed in CVI to communicate with external device via UART. It sends data to device and receive data from it. Data could be logged to the file or plotted on the graph.

- This program run on my computer without any problem.

- I created distribution to install my program on another computers.

- Installation pass without problem on another lap-top but program crash during execution start. Window 7 reports "application stop responding"  with error report what I enclosed.

- I installed my program on third computer  running win xp and application there run without problem?

Question here is:

- What is causing this?

- Does my distribution creation include all files necessary to run on any computer running windows? (I run default distribution options.)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,101 Views)

Miki2006, 

This issue sounds similar to others caused by the Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) security feature. If this feature is activated and your exe is not set as an exception, it may cause the errors described or prevent you from opening the application.

You can check if Data Execution Prevention is activated by doing the following:

1. Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties.
  2. Click the Advanced tab.
  3. Under the Performance section, click Settings.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
  5. Check to see if DEP is activated for essential Windows programs and services only, or for all programs except those you select.
  6. If DEP is on for all programs, either change it to be on only for Windows programs and services, or add an exception for your new EXE.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,082 Views)