LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR : Unknown Source position,thread id 0x000019A8 ,the program has caused a 'General Protection' fault at 0x685415E4

Solved!
Go to solution

i  am using sqltoolkit 2.0  &  OS window 7 , when i am uploading  the data to database .   then i am getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(11,577 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mukesh121

GPFs can be addressed by generating the map file and checking the address on error with those found in the map file. See this discussion for an example.

A possible source of GPFs is incorrect allocation / deallocation of resources: if you are using a full version of CVI you can enable the resource tracking utility (Options >> Build Options menu item and then select Debugging Level Extended): see this help topic for an explanation.
I also saw this happening due to insufficient stack size in case of huge memory allocation: the stack size can be set in Build Options window too.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

The address of the GPF suggests that the crash is happening inside the CVI run-time and not directly in your program, which would make it impossible to find by building your own map file.

However, assuming you can reproduce this crash easily it would still be helpful if you could debug your code and narrow down where the crash is happening. Is it always happening when you call a specific library function?

It would also help if you could give us the exact version number of your CVI run-time (in this case, the version number of c:\windows\system32\cvirte.dll).

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(11,514 Views)

I've followed a couple threads on this but don't see a solution.

This just occurred for me.  Same thing as other users:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

return 0;

}

Nothing else, I get the fatal fault.

BTW, this happened immediately after switching from Win 7 to Win 10.

Is there a fix for this?

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,039 Views)

I suspect you're running into this issue. If so, until there is a more permanent solution from NI, you should try one of the workarounds mentioned in the other post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,982 Views)

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, it was the same thing.  There is yet another new thread https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Application-Stops-Working-On-Exit-Windows-10-CVI-2013/td-p/3... where I said that at first I didn't think that solution applied to me because of the reference to RS1.

Thanks again.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,973 Views)

I have the same issue when I quit the program but only when I use the 64 bit compiler (in Debug64 I get the unknown source position error, in Release64 I just get a windows fatal error).

I tried with a bare program , just a main with an "hello word" message, but the outcome is the same, the 64 bit version fails somewhere exiting the program.

I have this issue with cvi 2010 sp1 and also with cvi 2015

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,575 Views)

Removing the font files as Luis said in his post worked for me.

d.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,567 Views)

If the workaround of removing fonts was successful, then you may want to try downloading and installing the CVI2015 f1 patch that should fix the problem for both the IDE and the runtime.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(7,554 Views)