LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier way to set tooltip other then SetCtrlToolTipAttribute?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have LOTS of controls on my interface and I'd like to know if there's a SIMPLER way to set the TOOLTIP TEXT other then "SetCtrlToolTipAttribute()" function.

Isn't it settable in the .uir file ?  

I'd like to avoid writing 1000 lines of code to set the text of every one of them...

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author carolynturnell

Yes, you can set all tooltips texts in the UI editor, of course Smiley Wink

You will need to select a control and use the attribute browser (located at the right hand side of your UI editor). Here, type TOOL in the filter box to quickly show you the three tool tip attributes

Message 2 of 8
(3,367 Views)

CVI 2012 and later 🙂

Message 3 of 8
(3,360 Views)

You're right Luis, but I knew (see here) that Carolyn is working with CVI2012 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,356 Views)

Where is the attribut browser ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,147 Views)

When you select or open a .uir file, the Attribute Browser appears to the right of the User Interface Editor.

Accordingly, if the UI window is large, the Attribute Browser may be quite small and difficult so see.

Also, the User Interface Editor must be confined.

And finally, the Attribute Browser was introduced in CVI 2010, so will not find it in older versions of CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,144 Views)

What do you mean by confined ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,137 Views)

In newer versions of CVI you can choose the way windows are displayed, using the menu command View»Workspace View Selection. It allows either to have the windows all released, or confined.

You can release windows from the Window Confinement Region by selecting Window>>Release Window

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,133 Views)