cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xl header add using activex

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

How can i add header programatically to excel file. I am using activex component in labview8.2.and i don't have report generation toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,089 Views)

What's not working?  I ran the VI and it worked for me, the table was added at the row specified.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,055 Views)

You should stick to your original post.  This will avoid duplication of effort.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,046 Views)

@GokulGKM wrote:

hi,

How can i add header programatically to excel file. I am using activex component in labview8.2.and i don't have report generation toolkit.

It also works fine with me. You will not see the page header in normal display mode, switch to page layout view mode.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,039 Views)

I mentioned in your other post that your code did add the Header, but you only see it in the printed version, as the Header is part of printing.  Did you not read this?  Did you not understand what I wrote?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,027 Views)

ha i know it will show page layout .how can i view page layout mode programatically.and one more thing all even row color change how.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,000 Views)

@GokulGKM wrote:

ha i know it will show page layout .how can i view page layout mode programatically.

So why didn't you say so at first?

You need to set the View property of the active window (returned by the Item method) of the Windows collection of the Workbook object. Set it to xlPageLayoutView.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,976 Views)

s thanks i got page layout..now i am trying the following think.

1).How to add header picture and resize header margin and header color chage

2).how to left corner align the center header text

3).How to marge cell.

here i attached XL sheet  manually created what i am trying.through labview

and i find header picture propery but this read only not able to write.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,939 Views)

y i am again ask  mean there is no help window and no example for ActiveX excel propery..if any activeX Excel property pdf manual..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,923 Views)

@GokulGKM wrote:

there is no help window and no example for ActiveX excel propery..if any activeX Excel property pdf manual..

There are plenty of examples of using ActiveX in LabVIEW to control Excel, some of them can be seen in this very thread.  Others can be found in the example finder.  There's also this old toolkit that was made for LabVIEW 6.x which uses lots of ActiveX.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-save-data-into-an-excel-file/m-p/108091#M65482

Beyond that there is no PDF manual of all the functions built into excel, but there are tons of dedicated forums on how to control Excel using VBA which essentially is what ActiveX is calling.

Another fun trick is I will use the Macro feature in Excel.  Just have it record, then you perform the actions you want, then stop.  Now look at the macro it made and the source is the VBA that you can then translate into LabVIEW using ActiveX.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,916 Views)