LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xl sheet table column and row header

hi,

how to save xl sheet table column and row header.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(3,726 Views)

hi,

after i tested this following methode but column header not correctly pleaced.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(3,707 Views)
Just prepend an empty string to the header array.

Pretty basic stuff.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(3,677 Views)

ok thaks i got that.

it is possible can i change column and Row header field bold,color,resize .i don't have report toolkit i am using labview8.2.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(3,643 Views)
You obviously can't change bold, color, resize with a text file. Use the lower level ActiveX properties and methods if you don't have the toolkit. Numerous examples have been posted.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(3,631 Views)

can you  send me related link.and also i am searching in web.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(3,624 Views)
Search the forum for Excel. There is the dedicated Excel board -
http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Excel-Board/m-p/379682/highlight/true#M2391

Thousands of other posts. Read your excel documentation for the properties and methods to use.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(3,615 Views)

You are being misled by the name of the Function you are using.  The NI "Spreadsheet" functions on the File Palette write text files with delimiters (tabs, by default) between "column" entries and New Lines between "row" entries -- if you print out this file, and if it aligns nicely with the delimiter, it will look like a Spreadsheet.  By default, LabVIEW gives such files a ".csv" (Comma-Separated Variable) extension, and Microsoft Excel can read (and place into Excel cells) the data from such a file.

However, this is not a native Excel (.xls, .xlsx) file, so you do not have the Excel-associated cell properties, such as Font attributes, cell coloring, etc.  If you want to read and write Excel data, you need to use the Report Generation Toolkit functions, which are now included with base LabVIEW 2014 and 2015 (but were an add-on for earlier LabVIEW Versions).  The current version of the Toolkit uses an Object model for the Excel functions, making it fairly simple to do some interesting interaction with Excel files.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(3,584 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

You are being misled by the name of the Function you are using.  The NI "Spreadsheet" functions on the File Palette write text files with delimiters (tabs, by default) between "column" entries and New Lines between "row" entries -- if you print out this file, and if it aligns nicely with the delimiter, it will look like a Spreadsheet.  By default, LabVIEW gives such files a ".csv" (Comma-Separated Variable) extension, and Microsoft Excel can read (and place into Excel cells) the data from such a file.

However, this is not a native Excel (.xls, .xlsx) file, so you do not have the Excel-associated cell properties, such as Font attributes, cell coloring, etc.  If you want to read and write Excel data, you need to use the Report Generation Toolkit functions, which are now included with base LabVIEW 2014 and 2015 (but were an add-on for earlier LabVIEW Versions).  The current version of the Toolkit uses an Object model for the Excel functions, making it fairly simple to do some interesting interaction with Excel files.

Bob Schor

One example of "LabVIEW is technically right, popularly wrong".  Another case of this is "Number to Decimal String".  Technically, yes, "decimal" mereley means "base10" but most people think of "decimal" as a fractional number with the fractional part expressed to the right of a decimal separator, so they are surprised when it returns an integer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(3,559 Views)

hi,

ok now i am using Active X property methode xl.png it is possible can i add image in XL.

Message 10 of 32
(3,531 Views)