From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steinhart-hart with vernier thermistor

Hello.

I am now working with NI WSN and it's nodes.

I have Vernier Stainless Steel Temperature Probe.

I need to convert input on node (using AI0)  to Celsius. I know that steinhart-hart is what i need. But i wasn't able to make it work for me. http://www.vernier.com/files/manuals/tmp-bta.pdf

I know that labview has built-in function for steinhart, but i have no idea what is what there.

Kindly,

Tadinho

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,089 Views)

Any help please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,068 Views)

Someone? Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,059 Views)

Hello Tadinho,

Without more information on what you've already attempted (attach the code you already have, if you can) I can only offer general advice, but a few points:

1) This is the LabVIEW general programming forum. It's not 100% clear what your issue is, but if you need assistance with acquiring or conditional a signal with WSN hardware, I would suggest posting to the WSN-specific forum, found here:

NI Forum: Wireless Sensor Networks

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Wireless-Sensor-Networks/bd-p/430

2) Please provide specific information on the hardware you are using.  What WSN Nodes?  What Gateway(s)?

3) Where are you processing the data?  Do you have a Real-Time WSN Gateway?  Are you programming the nodes using the WSN Module?

4) What have you already done? What examples have you referred to? What works and what doesn't?

5) The Convert Thermistor Reading VI can be found in the Scaling palette (Functions>>Programming>>Numeric>>Scaling)

6) Your thread has only been up for seven hours or so, bumping it every few hours without additional information isn't likely to get you additional replies.  If you've provided enough information for another forum user to be able to provide input, the usually will.  If you need immediate assistance I would call your local NI Support.

Best Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,054 Views)

I beleive the constants are set up in the DAQmx Channel Properties for teh 3 coefficients.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,045 Views)

Ok, thank you. I'll add my code tomorrow.

It's not like WSN thing, it's all about getting Thermistor to show celsius.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,044 Views)

I tryed using ormula node to get formula which comes with temperature probe (Check it on manual on my 1st post).

No success.

labview2.png

Help me please. Maybe there is a way to use that remade Vi for thermistor convertion. I can't figure it out my self.

Kindly,

Tadinho

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,012 Views)

Its a fairly straightforward equasion:

!1.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,996 Views)

can't wait to try it out! Thanks.

I'll reply as soon as i'll test it (prop tomorrow).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,988 Views)

Had no success 😞

labview3.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,969 Views)