From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug in cluster to array in for loop with non-indexed output

Here is a bug that I discovered.  Apparently LabVIEW crashes on a save when you have an array of clusters coming into a loop indexed, then when it is going out you split the wire into two wires with one wire going out of the loop non-indexed and the other wire going to an cluster to array subvi then that array is indexed going out of the loop.  example Vi is attached.  This crashes my 8.6 version of Labview on XP.
Ben Yeske
Message 1 of 4
(3,388 Views)

I can confirm that crash in LV 8.6.

The issue appears to be realted to the in-placeness algorithm being a little over-zelous. A work-around is to use the "always copy" node to give the in-placeness algorithm a hint that it is OK to copy the forked wire. see image.

Thank you for reporting this bug!

Ben

PS Monzue, Thank you for creating this new thread and not responding to your post in the Bug Thread. We worked for quite a while to close the loop on LV bugs and the Bug threads serving as an index but containing now discussion is important to keeping the loop closed. Again thank you.
Message Edited by Ben on 02-13-2009 02:22 PM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(3,383 Views)

Sure thing.....  

And I knew this was a memory thing,  I didn't know about the "always copy"  vi.  I guess I learned a thing or two today.

Message Edited by monzue on 02-13-2009 03:27 PM
Ben Yeske
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,354 Views)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have confirmed this behavior in LabVIEW 8.6.1 and reported this bug to R&D.  For your records, this bug was filed as CAR#146503.  You can use the number to check future LabVIEW release documentation to see if the bug has been fixed.  Thanks so much for reporting this bug, monzue.  Thanks to Ben as well for finding a workaround!

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,314 Views)