LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running LabView Application from Network

I would like to be able to install a labview application on the network and have the users access it from their location (NOT install it onto their own computers!) Is there a way that I can place my application on a network drive along with installing labview run-time engine to that same drive and have it work from any computer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,748 Views)
You may try to install the RTE on the network drive and the application executable in the same directory as the RTE (default: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\6.0)

This is not a true RTE installation so it may not work for all configuration.

Jean-Pierre Drolet

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,748 Views)
To the best of my knowledge, you would have to have the run time engine installed on each of the client computers. There are several system files that I don't think will work properly accross a network connection.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,748 Views)
After a lot of trial and error, I would now like to answer my own question. It is possible to have an application be run from a network drive without the individuals accessing it having to install lvrte to their own machines. This is how I did it. I went to the location of the labview run-time engine files on my computer (typically c:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time) from there I copied all of the .dll's from the subfolders along with the entire 'Model' folder. I dumped all of these files into a folder on the Network along with my application and it worked fine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,748 Views)

Thanks for the info. This is what I was trying to do. Can I have multiple applications running from the same network folder or do I have to have a means to activate each?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,275 Views)

So this is a network location with the program and some runtime files? And by having the runtime dll's you can get away with not having them installed onto each pc? Will this work with things that require serial drivers or the DAQMX drivers? i guess DAQMX you would need to install since it is a big installer.

- A minute saved is a Minute earned!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,248 Views)

If are using DAQMX drivers these would have to be installed on the network.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,241 Views)