cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with DAQmx - Tasks missing when I run my application on another PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a NI USB 6009 and my program uses DAQmx and different tasks for signal input and output.

I have created an application and I want to run that application on another PC, which does not have the developer environment but the runtime engine and MAX installed. That PC is connected to the NI USB 6009.

Now I have the problem that the tasks are missing on that PC and when I execute the application I get errors.

I wonder why these tasks are not put into the application automatically? What should I do now? Can I somehow export the tasks in MAX and copy them on the other PC? Isn't that complicate?

Greetings Johannes
Using LabVIEW 7.1 and 2009 recently
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johanneshoer

Hi Johannes,

Did you create your tasks in Measurement and Automation Explorer ?

If this is the case you have to export the configuration file of Measurement and Automation Explorer and then import it on the other computer.

With LabVIEW 2010 you can import a configuration file via your installer but I don't know if you can do this with LabVIEW 7.1

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
Message 2 of 4
(2,261 Views)

@Helmut:

Yes I created the tasks in MAX.

I exported them and imported them to the other PC and now it works, but I find it kind of complicate. I expected to have everything I need in my application...

Greetings Johannes
Using LabVIEW 7.1 and 2009 recently
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,251 Views)

You chose to move things out of the application when you created the external task instead of defining everything in the LabVIEW code. Of course, by using MAX you can change the task without modifying the program. Of course, that could also be a big problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,224 Views)