LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit certain IP Adresses from seeing hardware (PXIe)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all ! Smiley Happy

So if you have a PXIe controller on a network, and you want to exclude a few IP addresses from "getting at" the hardware, how do you do that?

thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,331 Views)

So I searched around and found these two lines in the rt-ini that can be modified...

RTTarget.IPAccess=+*

and

server.tcp.access="+*"

So, wondering, which one do I change, how, etc. I'd like to be able to enter an IP address to deny access. Is this possible?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,325 Views)

Those tokens will allow access to the target from specific IP addresses, so you could put your IP in the place of +*

I don't think there is a way to specify IP adresses that do not have access with those tokens, but you could do this in the options for your program. The setting is found by clicking Tools>>Options, clicking on the VI Server tab. You can add IP addresses to the Machine Access list and specify whether to allow or deny access to those addresses. Keep in mind the * (or +* in the case of the token) will allow all addresses access.

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(2,298 Views)

@Zach P wrote:

Those tokens will allow access to the target from specific IP addresses, so you could put your IP in the place of +*

Thanks Zach.

What's the syntax for a list of IP addresses?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Broken_Arrow

You can actually change the list of IP addresses with allowed access to the controller in the LabVIEW project. If you right-click on the target and click Properties, the Machine Access options are available in the VI Server tab.

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(2,272 Views)