LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2011 Crash Saving VI with Wait on Async Call

When trying to save bug.vi, I get a LabVIEW crash.  To reproduce this, open bug.vi, connect "cluster in" somewhere on the connector pane, and save.  If that doesn't cause a crash, please let me know!  If it does cause a crash, please tell me how to work around it!

Thanks

George

Download All
Message 1 of 9
(2,507 Views)

Work around using flatten/unflatten to string.  Definitely a bug!

Message 2 of 9
(2,506 Views)

Hi George - Thanks for reporting this! I've reproduced the error and will be investigating it;  I'll keep you updated with any progress made. 

Just to confirm- what version of LabVIEW are you running and what OS are you using?  I just want to make sure I'm seeing the same thing as on your end.

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,477 Views)

Interesting!  About two weeks ago, I submitted some code that used Create Network Stream Endpoint Reader.  If you expanded a Concatenate String function from two inputs to three and wired it, you got the "Sorry for the Inconvenience" error.  A definite bug (reported to and logged by NI).  Fortunately, an App Engineer told me how to prevent the crash -- remove a While loop that was part of the code, edit away, then put the While loop back.  Totally weird!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,475 Views)

Hi Tom

I am running LV 2011 32-bit on Win7 64-bit.  I have successfully worked around the issue for now by inserting the flatten/unflatten operation in the wire, but I would like to remove that and save the performance hit, so definitely let me know if anything happens with the issue.

George

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,469 Views)

This was reported to R&D (# 338146) for further investigation. For now, the workaround you suggested using the flatten to/unflatten from string seems to work well. Thanks for the feedback!

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,456 Views)

Hello, has any progress been made on this issue? I have a VI I pass a cluster into and get the error cluster out. Everything works fine until I try and collect the error cluster once the subVI has finished. Then when I try and save LabView crashes.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,429 Views)

I reported the original bug, and haven't heard anything back.  I did have a chance to see if the bug was present in the 2012 beta, and it is ...

Let's hope that it's fixed by August!

BS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,422 Views)

I have checked in on the bug that you mentioned, and it is scheduled to be fixed in the release version of LabVIEW 2012.  However I can not guarantee that this will fix the bug in your specific applications.

Thanks,

~jp

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,408 Views)