LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Help doesn't open the examples

The little buttons in LabVIEW Help which are supposed to open a relevant Example do not work on my machine. I suspect this is because I didn't install LV in the recommended spot. Mine's at D:\Labview. Is there a ini file or something I can edit to fix this?
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,324 Views)
The help files are located in a subdirectory of the Labview.EXE installation directory by default.

Thus

Directory of C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabView 7.1
which contains

--Labview.EXE
--Labview.ini
..... a couple of other misc files

More importantly a folder
HELP
which contains all the help files.

Make sure you actually installed them....
about 43 files of 17Mb

Message Edited by Conseils on 06-25-2005 07:51 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,318 Views)
Yes, the HELP directory with 17MB of files is there. Help isn't the problem, it's that Help doesn't open up the Examples as it should - when you click the little buttons (see attached jpeg). I've installed LabVIEW at D:\LabVIEW, so maybe there's a pointer missing?
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,292 Views)
I get that problem too... I know they're installed, since I can find them manually, but they just won't work with those pointers... bug in LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,285 Views)
There are several reasons that the buttons in LabVIEW Help may not work. Here is a knowledgebase from our website that covers some of the most common reasons for this behavior. Take a look and see if it points you in the right direction. Have a good day!

Tyler S
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,272 Views)