LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Button Question

I was trying to come up with a button similar to the round button with the LED already on it, but have the button be square instead. The round button is a standard button that came with my LV 7 Express. I'd like to have a square button that operates the same way. I was trying to come up with something using the LED's and the regular buttons, but couldn't quite get it. I'm using the button to control several case structures. The LED would be lit up while the button is "on" or true and not lit up when the button is off, just as the round button does, but I'd like to use a square button setup to go with the rest of my vi.

As I said before I'm using LV Express 7.

Thanks in advance...
Using Labview 7.0 and 2010 SP1 with Windows XP and 7.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 41
(3,699 Views)
There's a square LED on the Classic Boolean palette.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 41
(3,679 Views)
I think I see what your talking about, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for or trying to come up with a square button, like the "OK" buttons on the control panel with the LED imbedded in it that works like the round button they have with the LED imbedded. If there was someway I could make the round (non-classic) LED button square, this would work fine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 41
(3,675 Views)
By right clicking on the button and selecting Advanced>>Customize you can replace the 12 images (four for each of the button, the LED and the shadow) but you'll lose the ability to get a smooth image when resizing. Try making the button large and then customizing it. There is a lengthy discussion about this here.

(3,568 Views)
Use any graphics program to generate two images exactly the way you want the true a false cases to look like. Then open e.g. the OK button in the control editor (edit..customize control) and import the graphics into the true and false cases. Any design is possible! (See attached example I just made).
Message 5 of 41
(3,659 Views)
A button with an LED in it... hmm. You could make it out of two seperate controls and link them together. Maybe something like this?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 41
(3,657 Views)
Chaos,

Could you post the attachment again, in LV 7? I can't seem to to open yours in my LV.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 41
(3,650 Views)
Sure no problem...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 41
(3,636 Views)
Gaa I hate that
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 41
(3,635 Views)
Thanks Chaos. That's the kind of idea I had before. I'm wiring this button to several case structures (via local variables) to control some code inside of it. But when I use your setup the LED stays lit after depressing or returning it to it's original off postion. Do you know of anyway to fix this? This is the prblem I was running into before. I still may try to edit the round button, but that option seems kinda complex.

Thanks for your help....
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 41
(3,629 Views)