LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Button Question

I know one fix 😃 upgrade... works fine in 7.1. Dont know if thats an option. The other option would be to use Altenbachs solution which is cleaner in many regards.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 41
(1,751 Views)
No, upgrading is not an option for me. I thought Altenbachs solution would be alright, there's only a slight problem. I need to have text on the button. And if I use his button for example, the text just doesn't look right with the siz eI need it to be in relation to the LED and button and there doesn't seem to be much I can do to fix it.
Using Labview 7.0 and 2010 SP1 with Windows XP and 7.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 41
(1,663 Views)
How do you go about exactly changing the round button to the square? I read the thread you linked to, and tried editing options myself, but I don't follow how to do it.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 41
(1,654 Views)
Of course you can make the custom text part of the image ;).
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 41
(1,654 Views)
Actually, now that I checked it, it's quite simple. Looks like you can only open one control at a time for editing, so you'll have to do this in stages, saving your new control at each step. Open the control you want to change and a square LED and a square OK button. Customize the LED. In this screen you have a button with an icon of a wrench. This allows you to edit individual parts of each control. If you right click on the LED, you can copy the image to the clipboard. Now, close this control and customize your control. Click the wrence again and you can import the picture of the square LED you copied into the clipboard. Keep in mind that each image appears in 2 states of the button, so you have 4 images for each. Close the button and save and follow the same procedure for the other images (LED on, OK button off and so on). I'm not sure this will give you better results than Altenbach's method in regard to text.

(1,646 Views)
Dont know how 7.0 handled this or not but maybe instead of just wiring to the LED you can also mess with the z-order and other attributes. Sounds like its not updating correctly just because its one control on another but I wouldnt think LV would have this blantant a bug. Try rebuilding from scratch just to check. Could be a conversion issue... ?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 41
(1,652 Views)
I don't follow what your saying or know what you mean by what you just described...
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 41
(1,648 Views)
I hate to ask you to do this, but would you mind posting an example of what I need for me? I've tried doing what you described, and I can't seem to have much luck.

If this doesn't seem to work, would the method described by Chaos work in LV 7? This is what I originally had and thought would work when I needed to change from the round to square button but the LED just stays lit after the button returns to the off position. I need the functionality of the round button with the LED in a square button with a LED.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 41
(1,589 Views)
Well, I was thinking maybe it was an issue from my 7.1 to 7.0 conversion. Maybe if you rebuilt it from a blank VI you would not have any problems...

Maybe the event is happening too quick for LabVIEW to follow properly. Try the one below which uses an event structure to queue the events.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 41
(1,640 Views)
How's this?
Took me about 2 minutes to create.
I hope the text is OK. If not, you can customize the control and move it.