LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing Ardupilotmega with Labview with Mavlink Protocol

Ok ..

Hope it works ...

Please try it with the PIC´s from the ZIP Folder in prev Post ...

Message 51 of 75
(3,466 Views)

Hello Daniel,

... great, it works! It looks really impressive. Thank you!

Greetings from Munich

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 75
(3,450 Views)

@ maxmus83 ... please, would it be possible to get your  "checksumtst.vi" saved as LV12?

Thank you very much ...

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 75
(3,443 Views)

All right ..

that´s a new example of the Interface ..

I add Config Message Read also Mission Items Read .. And the MFD Screen ... it´s not complet. But for a first look it´s ok i think...

I don´t know when i have time to continue this Project , so i upload it in this Post .... Maybe it helps another one for his Project ..

I Upload a LV 13 and LV 12 Ver .. hope it works and i don´t have forget the half ..

... After Read the Mission Items u have run the "MFD Mission Pars0.3.vi" Manual ... Just one time ( one Loop)  .. after that the MFD shows u Mission Waypoints ....

Sorry for the extrem high Zoom value u need ... I havn´t fix it yet ...

So .. have fun ...

Download All
Message 54 of 75
(3,400 Views)

Ok..

a new Vers. of the Interface and the MFD ....

I fix the Problem with the MNT_Command Send back (ECHO) ... Different Firmwares send a different echo .. So it works for the Quad and the Heli Firmware ...

I also delete the PFD VI from the Main VI ... It need to much CPU Power .... I think i´ll rework ... but later ...

I also cleaned up the MFD a little bit .. change for better CPU load ... add some pages and gauges ...

The diagramms and bars are all auto scaled ... The blue stripe indicate zero or in pressure page zero and GND ..

The Battery Overview page dosn´t work yet .. And i´ve don´t tested the Battery Graph Page because i don´t have a battery sensor ..

And i add a Alarm and Warning Array with config and so on .... To confirm Alarm or Warning press the Alarm or Warning Buttons ... .. now u can config the alarms and warning in the Global Vars1 MFD in the MFDGauges.llb... Later i add a config page in the MFD self ....  But it need many more times, if i add all my ideas ...

Hope you can see in which direction it should go .... a mix of boeing , airbus and space shuttle 😉

Download All
Message 55 of 75
(3,336 Views)

Puhhhh...

the new PFD is done ... It was hard work with keeping a eye on CPU Load ... That was the major problem, to hold the FOR Loops down..

But i think now the PFD is usable...

The PFD is builded without any other external Pictures.

I also add indicators for Autopilot ( Mode, set ALT, set Speed ) and warnings and alarms ..

new_PFD.jpg

The hole PFD is a "stand allone" version at this time, without the Mavlink Interface to give People a chance to use it with it own interface or so..

The major functions can easy connect to the Mavlink Interface ... The Alarm and Autopilot Functions are tricky to connect ...

Take a look in the GlobalVars for all functions ... Threr u can also change the Coloure deph for higher quality or higher performance ..

If anybody can help a little bit with the Interface self i would be grateful.. ( Send Configs, Send Mission Items , get Config Parameter from a single Item ,  ).. The AP_Mode (Stab,Acor,Auto ..... ) is my biggest problem ... In Parsing Heartbeat i can find the Mav_Status ... But the data make no sense ...

But no problem if not.. If i have time for it i do it self..

So ... have fun with ... And i hope a don´t forget anything

Download All
Message 56 of 75
(3,280 Views)

Sorry,

have change a litte thing ... The HDG Stripe wasn´t in the middle...

Download All
Message 57 of 75
(3,272 Views)

Hello Daniel, hello all ...

all I can say is just ... wow! This is an absolutely awesome work. Respect and of course a big Kudos from my side. Great!

In the meantime I worked a little bit on a altitude indicator for my PFD. It still has all the indicators with picture elements but as you already sad, unfortunately it costs a lot of CPU load.

@ Daniel: Sorry hab mich jetzt länger nicht gemeldet. War mit der Familie 2 Wochen im Pfingsturlaub und hab jetzt in der Firma zu tun wie in der Ernte. Werde mich die Tage noch mal bei dir melden. Eventuell können wir uns ja mal zusammentelefonieren, da kann man dann mal schön fachsimpeln denn über e-Mail ist das ja doch arg begrenzt....

In diesem Sinne ...

Cheers

Carsten

Message 58 of 75
(3,256 Views)

How does a flight control board send the data in MAVLINK protocol to our GCS(i'm not asking about the protocol skeleton/structure here ) ?
every time does it send same amount of data ? Is there any command that we send to the board to read the data from the board? What should i do in Labview after connecting an APM2.5 board to my laptop or pc ? what sould be the value in the "no of  bytes " option in the READ command of the VISA . ?

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 75
(3,217 Views)

Does no one bother with the Error Message -1073807298 (0xBFFF03E) Could not perform operation because I/O Error? I connect the PX4FMU directly to a sbRIO-9602 and always get this Error Message at the start of the VI. When i use a RS232-USB converter and use the virtual serial port to read the PX4FMU messages this Error doesn't show up... and the serial port of the sbRIO is working properly (loopback testing). I use the MAVLINK Research 20140213.zip. Does anyone know a workaround or solution to this problem?

Another related question is: When i use the RS232-USB converter i get following messages in the terminal

80 DC 5F 9B C3 37 AB BF 7F 70 7F FF 67 35 6E 85 D9 9C 38 3A 48 9E CA 85 03 71 6E 22 E3 09 80 5D 5F 9B 6B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF DD A9 B5 5E FF FF FF 8E FF FF 11 3B 00
80 DD FD 9B 6B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF DF 3B B5 5E FF FF FF 8E FF FF 3B BB 80 5C FD 9B C3 FF AB BF CF 70 7F C7 B5 35 2E 3E 2E 7F 66 96 D5 C8 59 C6 85 B1 6B 53 22 37 2D
80 5C FD 9B C3 CF 5B FB FF 3D 1F D8 A5 66 5F 83 05 2A D9 34 AD 74 F6 4F 58 61 86 AD 95 72 31
80 DD FD 9B 6B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF DD 75 2D 5E FF FF FF 8E FF FF 5D 05

why does it always split up the messages at 0x80, and i can't find any 0xFE, which should indicate a prober StartPacket?

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 75
(3,044 Views)