LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell which VIs are running?

Solved!
Go to solution

The application code is very complicated, requires some hardware to run, is confidential and I can not release it to 3rd parties.

Perhaps a can construct a project with a similar structure and can post that.

I was looking to see if there was some simple way to get LabVIEW 2010 to list the VIs that it says are running, rather than trying to debug my application to see why, or if in fact, they are still running.

If my Main.vi that invoked these subVIs has stopped executing, how could there possibly be any subVIs still running?

If none are running, why does LabVIEW 2010 says that some are?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,598 Views)

THe only way that I know is to trun on the light bulb and look for the green arrow. Turn on the light bulb before you push the stop button and watch what happens.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,596 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

THe only way that I know is to trun on the light bulb and look for the green arrow. Turn on the light bulb before you push the stop button and watch what happens.

I have done that and all subVIs stop and their green arrows goes away, Main.vi stops executing, all highlighting stops, as you would expect.

But LabVIEW 2010 still says some VIs are running if I close the project.

I just want to know what VIs are running and why (how)?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,585 Views)

I understand what you want. But without code to troubleshoot I can only guess.

The only other things that I would suggest is to take the coditional disable and start isolating code until you do not have this problem anymore. Then you know where to start. Disable on vi at a time until th problem goes away.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(4,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dbaechtel

You could run the attached VI.  It'll give you a list of your running VIs (click on them to force them to close).  I wrote my version of Abort.VI after learning a bit about scripting.  Mine has an unlocked BD if you're interested in how it works.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 16 of 19
(4,551 Views)

Um, sorry to be dense jcarmody. Could you please be more specific about how to use Abort_82.vi?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,298 Views)

First of all, there is only one dense jcarmody, an you're not him.

I keep a copy of the abort VI in my home directory so I can get it from any computer I log in to.  I also keep a copy on the desktop of my main computer so I can minimize everything and get at it quickly.  When I get stuck in a VI that won't let go, I minimize (or use Windows Explorer) to find abort82.vi and execute it from there. 

abort82.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 18 of 19
(4,283 Views)

Thanks I didn't realize LV would let you start a second vi. Told you I was dense jcarmody.

No wait..

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(4,274 Views)