LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize NI PXI-6534 and NI PXI-6259?

Hi,

I am trying to output a continuous analog waveform (sine, dc, ramp, etc) using an AIO card (6259) and a DO pulse (using the PXI DIO 6534 card) with a customizable Duty cycle in each period of the AO signal. I need them to be in sync. Both cards reside in the NI PXI-1042Q chassis. I am using this solution as an example but can't get it work.

Also, my DO card cannot write high-frequency pulses on one line - I should instead use the entire port. It also cannot produce CO pulses.

Can anyone help with a simple vi? What is the correct way to synchronize these two cards (I am a beginner in LV) in one crate?

Thanks in advance,

~Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,156 Views)

What errors or problems did you encounter using the example?  The process for synchronizing the two cards should basically be the same as outlined in the example, i.e. they must share the same clock and start at the same time.  

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,134 Views)

The source for the Start Digital Edge trigger (AO line on the bottom) is /DIO/Ctr0InternalOutput. And I have the following error message: "Error -89120 Source terminal to be routed could not be found on the device". In other words there is no such channel as  /DIO/Ctr0InternalOutput on the NI PXI-6534. What should start the trigger in my case?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,126 Views)

Hi Paul,

I see that has been a while since there were no activity here.

Did you manage to synchronize them?

Basically, you can synchronize them by using the PXI backplane clock. A very nice tutorial can be found at the following link http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11369/en

Best regards,

IR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,061 Views)