LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force LabView 2012 SP1 f4 patch installation

Hi,

it was necessary to repair my LabView 2012 SP1 installation. When I start LV now

it has the version 12.0.1. I had installed also f4-Patch. When I try to install the f4 patch

now after my repair installation it doesn't work.

How can i force the installation of LV2012 SP1 f4 patch?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,358 Views)

Hi

Do you get an error code when you try to install it?

I can't think of any reason the patch shouldn't work.

Kind regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,318 Views)

Hi Chris,

no, i don't get any error message. The installer told me only "nothing to update" as text message

inside of the installer window.

1. i have had installed LV 2012 SP1 f4

2. than LabView crashed sometimes

3. than i made a repair installation of LabView 2012 SP1 (from DVD)

4. tried to install the f4 Patch afterwards (as download and via update service, tried both)

I don't know where the patch setup gets it's information about

the installed LV 2012 version, but it seems that a repair installation

doesn't reset that information and let that info still on patch level f4.

However, i deinstalled all developer editions and removed everything from

NI and reinstalled my developer editions. That was, for me, the only way

to get my LabView back on patch level f4.

I didn't find any setup switch to force the installation (the info was shown with "/?" as parameter)

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,308 Views)

just for completion:

normally, you can do "repair" installations of a particular patch separately in the add/remove software control panel (NI software).. inside the NI software window, select the labview version for which you want to repair a patch and click the repair button. Then, you can select in the drop-down menu whether you want to repair the complete thing of a particular (f#) update..

You shouldn't be able to start a repair setup directly from the DVD installer, since it will show the same message as for the patch installer ("nothing to install" or the like)...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,195 Views)

Have you tried looking in the Help>>About LabVIEW dialog to see what version you have?

If you just did a repair install of 2012 SP1, the f4 patch should still be installed, which would explain why you can't install it again. Furthermore, the f5 patch is now released, so you could try installing that as well. http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4350/lang/en 

LabVIEW patches are cummulative, so the f5 patch includes all the fixes from the previous f patches.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,179 Views)