cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a button function to trigger several buttons

Solved!
Go to solution

@smercurio_fc wrote:

To be honest, not really. The function is to write a value and generate a signaling event. It's not "only write the value if it changed".

Thanks. But I got the impression in the other way "Only trigger the event if the value is changed/true" I am still not clear. Anyhow thanks for answer and sorry for deviating the topic.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(769 Views)

Yes I got it sorry for the confusion. Whatever the value that we wire to the property it is updated to the control similar to the value property additionally it triggers the event.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(767 Views)

Hi Tbob, I used your block diagram but got another problem. When I press "read all", all the buttons are assisgned as "True", and they are fixed as true instead of being released. Here is the comparison of normal button operation and my current situation. Could you help me out of this?

button release.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(751 Views)

That's because tbob is using the first technique I discussed in my first response. I suggest you re-read that response.

It is your responsibility to set them back to False programmatically in the event case that handles that specific button.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(743 Views)

Hi 

program to false.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(735 Views)

YOu could use a property node Value (note this is NOT value signaling) to read the value of each control and use the returned T/F as the input to the "Value signaling" node.

That way you get the trigger but the indicated state does not change.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(731 Views)

@Ben wrote:

YOu could use a property node Value (note this is NOT value signaling) to read the value of each control and use the returned T/F as the input to the "Value signaling" node.

I typically use a local variable for this, or even the actual control terminal. 😄

(We don't need the terminal inside the event anyway, because we have access to the value from the "newval" terminal)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(729 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I typically use a local variable for this, or even the actual control terminal. 😄

(We don't need the terminal inside the event anyway, because we have access to the value from the "newval" terminal)

Agreed.

But it is is really nice to be able to double-click a control on the FP and find it and the event that is registered for it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(725 Views)

Hi Ben,

I am not quite sure about how to use property node "Value" of "read all" to read the other buttons and return T/F, could you tell me more detail about it?return.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(722 Views)

@bhl3302 wrote:

Hi Ben,

I am not quite sure about how to use property node "Value" of "read all" to read the other buttons and return T/F, could you tell me more detail about it?return.PNG

It appears that read all has mechanical action set for "latch when..."

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(719 Views)