LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have code execute in EXE but not the development Envirenment

I am new to labview so this may be a simple problem.  I have some code in my project that I need to execute when running from an EXE but do not execute when running from the development envirenment and vise versa. can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank-you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,493 Views)

Either....

1) Use a conditional disable structure with RUN_TIME_ENGINE == TRUE

2) Use an App.Kind property node with the output feeding into a case structure. The App.Kind will return whether or not the application is running in the development environment/run-time engine etc.

The difference/merits of each one are that the conditional disable will only compile with the appropriate code (small memory/performance improvement) and won't produce a broken run arrow if you put something in there which is target specific (which makes it great for writing code for different targets) and the App.Kind returns more information (like if you're running the student version of LabVIEW).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 4
(2,490 Views)

Thanks, works great, I knew it had to be easy I just did not know enough about Labview.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,466 Views)
  • You can thanks a person on the forum by giving them a Kudo.  A user on the forums can Kudo a post by another user once, but multiple users can Kudo the same post which can highlight posts that a collection of users find useful.

Source

Message 4 of 4
(2,455 Views)