LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting two labview into one

I have created two labviews that runs by itself. The first labview interfaces the movements of a knob. In the second labview, I simulated dynamics of a nuclear power plant into it. I am getting inputs on my frst labview and I want to connect it to second labview where it has a scope for the control rod position. I insterted the image below. Labview1.PNGlabview2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,731 Views)

Hi jay,

for a quick solution you could put all code into one VI and write your measurement values into a local variable to the "Slide"…

Are you sure you simulate "dynamics of a nuclear plant"? It looks so easy…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,721 Views)

Yes - a simple solution is to have a local variable from your VISA read and put it in your Simulation loop.

I think you might have to be careful about your simulation parameters - I think you'll need to run the simulation loop in real-time for what you're doing to make any sense?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,702 Views)

I only simulated for the output I needed not the whole thing. 

I am confused on when you siad "slide" 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,700 Views)

The slide control.  Up near where it says "Control Rod Position".

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,660 Views)

Hi jay,

I am confused on when you siad "slide" 

Look at your own pictures! There's a control named "Slide"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 7
(2,658 Views)

@jaypatel011 wrote:

I have created two labviews that runs by itself. The first labview interfaces the movements of a knob. In the second labview, I simulated dynamics of a nuclear power plant into it. I am getting inputs on my frst labview and I want to connect it to second labview where it has a scope for the control rod position. I insterted the image below. 

What are "two LabVIEWs"? Are these individually build executables or are both running in the main LabVIEW instance?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,651 Views)