LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1502 occurred

Hi All,

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

This error i am getting when i am trying to builg the EXE.

Help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Rams

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,411 Views)

Hi Rams ,

Can you please upload a snapshot of the error. so that I can better understand

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,398 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,396 Views)

I had the same error in a VI that used to compile without any problems. But after changing this VI's code error 1502 error popped up. I tried some of the suggestions in the thread you proposed except enabling debugging but it did not help. The changes I made to the code included a case structure with a Boolean constant wired to the selector input. By doing this one of the cases would never execute and this was my way to save some old unused code code for the moment in the TRUE-case and putting some new code in the FALSE-case. Apparently the LabView compiler does not like this because removing the case structure and leaving only the new code made the compiler build my application without errors.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,338 Views)

Also see here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bleep-you-error-1502-shakes-fist/m-p/2252430

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,791 Views)

You forgot to see the date Smiley Tongue

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,787 Views)

@Stig junge wrote:

I had the same error in a VI that used to compile without any problems. But after changing this VI's code error 1502 error popped up. I tried some of the suggestions in the thread you proposed except enabling debugging but it did not help. The changes I made to the code included a case structure with a Boolean constant wired to the selector input. By doing this one of the cases would never execute and this was my way to save some old unused code code for the moment in the TRUE-case and putting some new code in the FALSE-case. Apparently the LabView compiler does not like this because removing the case structure and leaving only the new code made the compiler build my application without errors.

No the 2012 compiler does not like dead code.  use a disable structure to disable code

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,784 Views)