LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dongle Key that is recommended for NI Labview Apps

I am programming a Labview 2010 app and delivering it to my customer for a 30 day trial.  The app runs on Windows XP and 7.  Does anyone have a recommended approach or product that they know works?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,498 Views)

we use a hardware usb dongle to protect our executables

and they offer an option to make software demo keys that will expire

http://www.safenet-inc.com/products/software-rights-management/sentinel-hasp-hardware-keys/

we are very happy with this approach

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,490 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,484 Views)

I am using the Sentinel HASP HL key to protect my applications.  Initially, I am using the SafeNet Envelope protection since it does not require any change to the LabVIEW application.  However, the back ground key checks are causing a problem for one of my applications when it is running a test that is in a very time sensitive loop.

I want to turn off the back ground key checks and perform the key checks directly from my LabVIEW application to avoid checks during these time sensitive test loops.  I am having difficulties getting this started.

Are there any driver vi's for the Sentinel HASP keys that could get me headed in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,364 Views)

Hi JM,

It is always better to start a new discussion forum to get better support from the community. I found this post in the Lava forums that I believe addresses your question. I hope this will help you,

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,332 Views)