Displaying chart from one vi in another

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok, here are the screen shots of the main VI and subvi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,165 Views)

Ahh, my eyes, my eyes!!! Besides the easter egg diagram color scheme, there is really very little we can tell from a picture, especially is you have sequence structures stacked 10+ frames deep. What's up with all the coercion dots?

So it seems that the subVI is called one point at a time. All you need to do is assign a terminal to the chart and read it in the main IV.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,140 Views)

I don't know what coercion dots are @.@ Sorry about the colors XD i got bored at one point >.> ... <.< ... if you notice, the icon for the main VI is a kitty +.+ ...

I tried assigning a terminal in the subvi to the chart. Do I insert the exast same chart in the main vs and connect the terminal from the subvi to it? When I did that the main vi first complained that it needs to be attached in every frame, then when I got to the last frame it suddently started complaining that it doesn't know which way the information is going 😞

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,135 Views)

Stop using stacked sequences! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,131 Views)

But ... it's the only way I know +.+  ...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,128 Views)

Then you have to take Tutorials on LabVIEW basics. 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,121 Views)

@Solarmew wrote:
When I did that the main vi first complained that it needs to be attached in every frame, then when I got to the last frame it suddently started complaining that it doesn't know which way the information is going

Well, you clearly have some serious dataflow problems, mostly caused by overuse of stacked sequences and poor understanding of dataflow in general.

@Solarmew wrote:

But ... it's the only way I know +.+  ...

A stacked sequence really does very little ... Where did you learn LabVIEW? Maybe you should start with a few tutorials if this is giving you problems.

Feel free to attach your actual code so we can give less general comments.. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,118 Views)

I never learned LabView 😞 

A few weeks ago, my adviser said "Here, make this work...", so that's what I'm trying to do >.<

So you don't know of a quick simple way to get the chart to show up without rewriting the entire program? Cat Sad

Here are the actual programs just in case. (I inherited the subvis from the last student, so it's not my fault if they're horrendous. >.> I just edited them a bit +.+)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,110 Views)

Your subVIs dont seem to have any charts.

Your main Vi does not have any charts either, just an xy graph.

Your entire code architecture seems inside-out. How are you running this? The main VI does not even have a while loop!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,093 Views)

isn't that blue thing a chart/plot/graph? %\ ... gah ... that's where the points appeared ... so i just assumed +.+ ... oh gawd, I'm so confused right now  ...

The main VI takes as input the number of increments and feeds it into the subvis which have while loops >.>

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,084 Views)