LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling compaq visual fortran dll from labview

Sorry, I have long ago switched to Intel fortran.

You should be able to find that dll somewhere in the install hierarchy of the compaq fortran, then simply include a copy with the distribution. Place it in the same folder, next to your custom dll. repeat for other missing dlls....

(I am using compile switches (in intel fortran) to build everything into a single dll, so external dlls are no longer needed. Maybe CVF has similar options. The dll will be larger, of course.).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(671 Views)

Depending on the license for your development environment, it may be illegal to just simply copy a DLL into your application distribution. The prefered way for Microsoft development environments for instance, is to actually install into the target machine the Distributable Runtime Library installer that comes with each Visual Studio package. It's also the only way Microsoft will guarantee that the DLL should work properly.

I'm not sure if Compaq Visual Fortran has similar provisions and license requirements. Just copying DLLs from one system to the other without proper installer is something you should normally only do for DLLs you know very intimiately, preferably because it's your own. Other DLLs, certainly if there is an installer available of some sorts, should be installed into the system through that installer.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(663 Views)