LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigBri

Update the Bessel functions to allow for complex arguments

Moved to CAR database: CAR 545637

The current set of Bessel functions supplied in LabVIEW Core only allow for real arguments and outputs. This limits the usefulness of LabVIEW in certain areas of science where complex Bessel functions are required for calculations (i.e.. acoustic modeling). The Mathscript RT module has Bessel function calls that support complex arguments so it's not like the coding doesn't exist. This is one area where LabVIEW is deficient as compared to Mathematica and Matlab and can be easily corrected without forcing the user to buy the Mathscript RT Module.  

5 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant

Yes, I agree, no reason not to as the DLL called is already present.

In another forum I've suggested bringing other Mathscript routines into core LabVIEW, including Delaunay triangulation, contouring, interp2d_uneven.  There was a response that:

You'll be happy to hear that we are working to bring many MathScript algorithms into the LabVIEW palettes. All of the ones you mentioned are currently on our road map. If you have any other requests, please let us know!

So that does look promising!  Just add complex Bessel functions to the list.

altenbach
Knight of NI

> In another forum I've suggested bringing other Mathscript routines into core LabVIEW, including Delaunay triangulation, contouring, interp2d_uneven.

Greg, could you rewrite this as a formal idea here? I'd vote for it. 😄

GregSands
Active Participant

Greg, could you rewrite this as a formal idea here? I'd vote for it. :smileyvery-happy:

Done!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Moved to CAR database: CAR 545637

Darren
Proven Zealot

I have filed CAR 545637 to our math team. They will look into adding the Complex Bessel functionality to the Bessel Functions palette in a future LabVIEW release.