From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Tables should be indicators by default

Looking at all my body of work, I use tables exclusively as indicators. They are well suited to display formatted results in tabular form, but much less suited for user input, because they only allow strings. If we need to enter numbers, there is no input validation (as we have e.g. for numeric controls), so they are pretty useless for that.

It is thus a bit confusing that the tables in the palettes currently exist as controls. In fact, the modern, classic and system tables are even labeled "Table Control" (seems redundant!), while "Table" alone would have been sufficient (this has already been corrected for the silver controls :)).

It would be much more appropriate if tables are indicators by default. We can always change them to controls in the rare case where this is needed.

1. I suggest that the various table controls in the palettes be changed to indicators.
  2. Their default name should just be "Table".