LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daklu

Sticky context menu

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Labview implements lots of functionality in the right click menu, resulting in large and deep menu hierarchies.  Often I want to select multiple items, but the context menu disappears after a single selection requiring me to go back to the original item and renavigate the menu tree.  That's a lot of repetitive, fairly precise mousing.

I'd like to have a hot key that prevents the context menu from disappearing after I select an item.  For example, if I held down the Ctl key while deselecting "Label," I could immediately move down to "Caption" and select it, making the whole process much easier.

4 Comments
RoyA
How about if the menu stays open until a SECOND right-click.  So, right-click to open, change as many items as you want, right-click in EMPTY area of menu (or off of menu) to close.
jtagg
Active Participant

Waiting for a second right-click is then tedious for one-change access to the menu. We could try something more like this:

- right-click to open menu

- left-click on menu item does the usual, that is executes and closes menu

- right-click on menu item executes, but does not close the menu

This way nothing changes for simple case, but for those who want, there is the possibility. I don't know if this is better than using the ctrl key for example but it's important to not make the normal case more difficult to help the edge case.

Daklu
Active Participant

jtagg, I think that's a great way to implement the functionality.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.