LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveChandler

Sticky Quickdrop

When activating quickdrop it should remember the previous search results. Many times you want to successively place related items such as when using a library.

Initially it activates with the search field empty. Type a few letters and a filtered list shows.

qd1.png

On the next activation the previous search results should be the same. This allows you to double click a filtered item or immediately start a new search.

qd3.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

4 Comments
Daklu
Active Participant

How about if the search term last entered were automatically entered in the search box and selected?  That way you'd get the same results as the last search but no extra work is required to search for something else.

fabric
Active Participant
Very useful idea! (Especially with Daklu's suggestion)
SteveChandler
Trusted Enthusiast

My original thought was along the lines of what Daklu was suggesting. Either way - all I want to do is avoid typing the name of my library every time and not have to do anything to do a new search. I'm sure someone can figure out an easy way to do that.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Darren
Proven Zealot

I'm considering making this change (with Daklu's suggestion) in LabVIEW 2014. Please see the discussion here for more details.